• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Short adventures around Marathon?

Reaction score
HI y’all, I’m spending the weekend in Marathon for a wedding and thinking of trailering my KTM 390 Adventure (from Austin). I won’t have time to go to Big Bend or Pinto Canyon or Terlingua THIS time.
I’m wondering if there are any public gravel roads I could explore within 30-40 miles from Marathon. Someone mentioned Arnold Ranch Rd, just a few miles west of 90? Doubtful Canyon? Del Norte Mountains Any others? County roads, service roads, abandoned driveways? Thanks!

HI y’all, I’m spending the weekend in Marathon for a wedding and thinking of trailering my KTM 390 Adventure (from Austin). I won’t have time to go to Big Bend or Pinto Canyon or Terlingua THIS time.
I’m wondering if there are any public gravel roads I could explore within 30-40 miles from Marathon. Someone mentioned Arnold Ranch Rd, just a few miles west of 90? Doubtful Canyon? Del Norte Mountains Any others? County roads, service roads, abandoned driveways? Thanks!
IMG_0218.jpeg

Back