• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Skinny nail in the tire.

The guy at the shop was protecting his rear end, which in this litigious society is the only thing you can do.

Tire repair threads are like oil threads.... run, do, act, with what makes you comfortable. Although for argument's sake I don't see catastrophic failure occurring in the event of a plug failure --- the tire goes flat, at least at our level of riding expertise.

Actually a flat tire CAN BE catastrophic. Contrary to popular belief, the rear tire going flat is alot worse than the front. With a front tire you can lock your arms and use the rear brake to slow to a stop. With the rear it is going to try to pass you... My dad has had a few flats, which is where i get my knowledge from. He has had, not one, but two plugs fly out when he has been going down the highway.

Back