• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Southwest Texas Burger joints

Reaction score
Living south of Houston I'm looking for burgers West of the Grand Parkway and South of I-10. Not adverse to riding long distance, just did 300 mi round trip lunch run to Bryan but that entailed mostly highways through Houston and don't particularly want to do that often. So, anyone here know of places around El Campo, Shiner, Gonzales (good BBQ there), Yoakum, etc.? Been riding for 50 years but as I get older I'd prefer to stay off the major highways, at least to just eat lunch. Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Living south of Houston I'm looking for burgers West of the Grand Parkway and South of I-10. Not adverse to riding long distance, just did 300 mi round trip lunch run to Bryan but that entailed mostly highways through Houston and don't particularly want to do that often. So, anyone here know of places around El Campo, Shiner, Gonzales (good BBQ there), Yoakum, etc.? Been riding for 50 years but as I get older I'd prefer to stay off the major highways, at least to just eat lunch. Thanks in advance for your ideas.
Sounds familiar. While I’m not south of Houston, I am NW and a few of us more mature riders gather for lunch regularly. Feel free to join us or post up a different option. I’m always open for a ride and lunch.

Jim's Big Burger in Victoria was pretty good last time I was there .
Dairy Cone in Columbus is my local favorite.
Patek's mini market in Moulton has a grill that does burgers .

Sounds familiar. While I’m not south of Houston, I am NW and a few of us more mature riders gather for lunch regularly. Feel free to join us or post up a different option. I’m always open for a ride and lunch.
Thanks for the invite. If I see you're going somewhere that I don't have to go through Houston I'd love to join y'all.

I’m no help for southwest of Houston but we visited the Whitehall cafe today. They had a pretty good burger they do breakfast also.

The Hill in Bellville was a good burger. Mine was a bit overcooked to my liking, but still quite tasty.

White’s BBQ in Port Lavaca has a good burger. The “Big Daddy” is the one. They come out without the fixings and you go tho a salad bar type thing and put on what you like.

Bubbas Seafood in Seadrift just might be the best burger I ever ate. There is just something about the flavors that all comes together. Be careful not to accidentally eat one of your fingers as the juice oozes out.

I might need to call a Friday burger run in the near future.

White’s BBQ in Port Lavaca has a good burger. The “Big Daddy” is the one. They come out without the fixings and you go tho a salad bar type thing and put on what you like.

Bubbas Seafood in Seadrift just might be the best burger I ever ate. There is just something about the flavors that all comes together. Be careful not to accidentally eat one of your fingers as the juice oozes out.

I might need to call a Friday burger run in the near future.
Thank you. I'll check those out and watch for your upcoming burger run.

if you ever decide to get out of your local neighborhood there are 2 places i've eaten over the years that will virtually top anything you've ever eaten

the Oark General Store in Oark, Arkansas

and the

Meers Store and Restaurant in Meers, Oklahoma

SHINY SIDE UP

sw

Road to Chunk's Burger off Dulles and 90 in Stafford today for lunch and had a pretty good burger and fries.

Back