• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

cWj

Reaction score
First Name
mynameisnotslimshady
Since I haven't seen any threads dedicated to this bike on TWT yet and since I consider this the closest successor to the Bandit:

@ cycle world

@ mo-ron central

Promo video playlist on YouTube

I look forward to one of you taking meticulous care of one of these and offering to sell it to me in 5 years.

092221-2022-Suzuki-GSX-S1000GT-Plus_M2_Action_33.jpg

Last edited:
I've been wondering when they'd do this. The European folks have been using the F with soft luggage for some sport touring, it seems like an easy way to get more of those customers.

I'm surprised they didn't ditch the chain for shaft drive on this.
Nah..doesn't quite fit this mission...more engineering costs, adds weight. A belt would be a more likely choice than a shaft - though neither is a particularly Suzuki move. For something in a similar weight class, the MG Mandello V100 seems like the only bike with a shaft, but that's still more casual and less sport (and probably intended for a less value conscious buyer) than the GT.

I've been wondering when they'd do this. The European folks have been using the F with soft luggage for some sport touring, it seems like an easy way to get more of those customers.
The biggest thing that impresses me about the GT is that it's the result of Suzuki paying attention to what customers did/wanted from their bike and designed around that...and it didn't take 10 years for them to do it.

These bikes will be a great sport tourer. I've chased so many GSXR's back in the day that I will never ever sell them short. It finally dawned on me that I was frequently looking at their tail end rather than the other way around and this was not good thing :-)

I'm not sure how I feel about this styling trend yet. It's not horrible though and this looks like it'll be an impressive machine.

How long will one of those engines last?

I'm not sure how I feel about this styling trend yet. It's not horrible though and this looks like it'll be an impressive machine.

How long will one of those engines last?
There's been GSX-R's with over 100K miles on them. I see no reason why the relaxed version of the engine wouldn't do the same. The FZ1 had the similar treatment with the R1 engine and last I heard, Denise(FZ1GRL) had well over 300K miles on hers.

Most GSX-R's don't make it that long because they are treated badly, or are wrecked. It takes a special person to ride 100K miles on a GSX-R, but they are out there.

The motor is as capable as any inline4. The rider demographic and associated maintenance habits usually fall short..

Really. Need a heated seat that bad in texas? Of course i said the same thing 25 years ago about electric vests then discovered gerbing. Best invention ever :-)

I see heated grips offered as an option but no heated seat?
There are many firsts or things that haven't been done in a while involved in the release of this bike, heated grips being one of them. Let's let Suzuki take their time.

Now that I think about it, let's hope those heated grips aren't a EU-only option.

The hardest part of any of these heated gizmos is the switchgear. Just ask Bmw how much the little multifunction roulette wheel on the left handgrip has cost since 2011 in warranty replacement service. I hope they fixed it unlike the fuel strip gas gauges we got a generous longer warranty on which is now expired and guaranteed to fail on all 2005 - 2009 bikes, maybe more. I love my rt but it drags me back to a 1970s tourer should it fail for the 5th time in its life. Fingers crossed.

I love the heated grips on my FJR. I haven't had the need for a heated seat so long as I have my heated liners in, the pants liners heat my seat quite nicely.

Pay attention guys. The question about the heated seat came from Minnesota. Id probably be wanting a heated seat there too. :lol2:

My Tiger has a heated seat and on the cooler mornings it sure is nice.

I watched all the videos that Suzuki put up and I sure want to like the bike but that front end is making it hard. Also there seems to be no rear top box accessory either.

I'm surprised they didn't ditch the chain for shaft drive on this.
Agreed. I had the predecessor, the 1991 GSX1000G, great touring bike, the headache free shaft was the best.

I am very interested in the new GT1000. I asked Tommy at Stubbs to let me know when I can demo one. It's all going to depend on the comfort level of the seat and footpeg position.

Agreed. I had the predecessor, the 1991 GSX1000G, great touring bike, the headache free shaft was the best.

I am very interested in the new GT1000. I asked Tommy at Stubbs to let me know when I can demo one. It's all going to depend on the comfort level of the seat and footpeg position.

Did you ever get that demo?

Back