• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tank bag and pistol

Too general to answer. Maybe head to CycleGear and check their stock. I eyeball it ordering online and never had an issue.

Maybe I could clarify, what's the smallest size for each type of pistol. It's just hard to tell online. I understand it's also dependent if you are going to want other items inside the bag too. But for example, would a full size fit in a small 5L givi bag like in the picture?

Attachments

• givi_st605_sport_t_tanklock_ed_tank_bag_750x750.jpg
    givi_st605_sport_t_tanklock_ed_tank_bag_750x750.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 72
A better way to carry on a bike would be a drop leg bag/holster.
With a tank bag your options are leaving your gun with the bike, Removing your tank bag every time you get off your bike or exposing your gun every time you switch your gun to your person (vice versa) . Major PIA :thpt:

I've been using a drop leg bag for a couple of years now for my pistol and wallet. Keeps the weight off my shoulders, always where my hand rests when standing, and comfortable on the bike.

A person on another forum had a small bag attached to his tank bag with the Molle gear. on a DS ride he had to go back and find said bag from where it freed itself along the powerline trail because of what was inside of it. Morale of the story, Whichever way you go, make sure it's secure.

From looking at the photo, I would guess you could place a G17 in it provided you removed the sunglass partition. Depending on what you ride, a drop leg bag might seem out of place. I place mine in a tank bag often. I just holster up when I get to my destination. Most people are oblivious and even if they notice, you still aren't breaking any laws. A backpack or sling bag is another option. Many are designed to carry a pistol. I use one for work and you would be hard pressed to know there was a holstered gun in the backpack. Of course, there is a ballistic plate and an IFAK in there too which you probably wouldn't need.

I've been using a drop leg bag for a couple of years now for my pistol and wallet. Keeps the weight off my shoulders, always where my hand rests when standing, and comfortable on the bike.
I was this many years old when I learned what a drop leg bag was. Honestly, until this thread I had never even heard the term so I learned something new which makes this a good day.

The example shown looks plenty big but if it’s not in a holster, don’t put anything else in the compartment with it.
If anything were to find it’s way into the trigger guard....well, you know the rest.

I use this one. Holster with 1911 slips in the pocket inside the lid. Rest of the bag big enough to be handy, but not overly bulky.

I was this many years old when I learned what a drop leg bag was. Honestly, until this thread I had never even heard the term so I learned something new which makes this a good day.
Same here, I've heard the term but never really looked it up until now.

There are many versions, but I prefer the ones that don't look like holsters ;-)
Mine came with a holster insert that perfectly fit my M&P Shield.

Last edited:
Maybe I could clarify, what's the smallest size for each type of pistol. It's just hard to tell online. I understand it's also dependent if you are going to want other items inside the bag too. But for example, would a full size fit in a small 5L givi bag like in the picture?
I carry a snubnose 357 in this exact bab, it will also fit my Glock 19 though it takes up a lot of the space.

Back