• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Dirty Sisters Loops

Hail

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
These tracks originated from Richard Gibben’s (aka TrailBoss) Texas Adventure Rides (TAR). I have received his permission to post them. He wants them in the public domain.

The loops cover two days of riding. Junction is the perfect home base since both the north and south loops touch Junction. Check out Morgan Shady park if you want to camp. They also have a few “cabins” if it is too cold or hot. Plenty of good food in town too.

Richard’s tracks that I had were from 2020. There were a few places from those tracks that are now private property and now route properly. There are a few gates you will go through that have “Private Property” signs posted. I assure you that at least as of November 2023 the roads are public. The property to either side of the roads is private so be respectful of that.

I have rebranded the southern loop “The Dirty Sisters” In honor of the twisted sisters the famous TX 335, 336, and 337. …and because it makes me giggle. The northern loop is unchanged.

This video and photos below are from the south loop (dirty sisters) from Junction.

IMG_2670.jpeg

IMG_2674.jpeg

GPX viewer

Attachments

• Dirty Sisters 2023.gpx
    1.1 MB · Views: 223
Last edited:
I did most of this near Camp Wood and everything and the water crossings are so much fun! Definitely a great route, just need to do the north half up to Junction now.

I was thinking about taking the Tiger 900 Rally to Junction for a couple days of riding next weekend (Dec 2nd & 3rd). Looking at riding the Dirty Sisters routes posted here. One day north of Junction. Next day south of Junction. I don't race but I don't like to ride slow either. Anyone interested? Let me know.

I was thinking about taking the Tiger 900 Rally to Junction for a couple days of riding next weekend (Dec 2nd & 3rd). Looking at riding the Dirty Sisters routes posted here. One day north of Junction. Next day south of Junction. I don't race but I don't like to ride slow either. Anyone interested? Let me know.
Did you ever make it up to the sisters??

Just a reminder/invite:

We live in Blanco and I am down to ride the 3 Sisters area pretty much any weekend. I know a few of the good dirt roads around there fairly well. I’m happy to show any of y’all a good time and would appreciate the company!

Attachments

• IMG_4482.jpeg
    IMG_4482.jpeg
    650.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4495.jpeg
    IMG_4495.jpeg
    624.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4478.jpeg
    IMG_4478.jpeg
    346.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1102.jpeg
    IMG_1102.jpeg
    547.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1094.jpeg
    IMG_1094.jpeg
    635.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1117.jpeg
    IMG_1117.jpeg
    444.1 KB · Views: 36
Howdy Sweatmachine! I'm up the Leakey area quite often and always looking to ride that area. I was actually looking for some offroad rides as well but don't know of many...

Leakey is right at the heart of it. Let’s work out a plan!

Sounds good. Might be headed up there this weekend for Easter weekend....
What do you ride???

Sounds good. Might be headed up there this weekend for Easter weekend....
What do you ride???
I have a VStrom 800de and a DR650. Heading out there I'd take the Strom.

Not sure if I can make Easter weekend work. My wife will be out of town and I can't leave the dogs in the house for quite that long. Let me think on it though...

Just a reminder/invite:

We live in Blanco and I am down to ride the 3 Sisters area pretty much any weekend. I know a few of the good dirt roads around there fairly well. I’m happy to show any of y’all a good time and would appreciate the company!
I'm down the road from you in Fischer. I work a lot of weekends but I'd be down to ride on weekends I'm not tied up with anything. Between work, and competitive shooting it's hard though!

I'm down the road from you in Fischer. I work a lot of weekends but I'd be down to ride on weekends I'm not tied up with anything. Between work, and competitive shooting it's hard though!
You riding/free this weekend?

Back