• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

There comes a time...

Well, I finally finished going back through all the daily reports, adding the correct day number (especially from day 34 on... :roll: ), adding the day of the week and date, and also fleshing out the report narrative and adding descriptions to more of the photos. Now I will try to focus on going back through 52 days of video footage to see what I can come up with. My goal will be to do one long video for each day, but I might also have short individual videos here and there. Some of these might be from the 360 camera in the first week or so until the lens got scratched again and I basically stopped using it for the remainder of the trip. A little might be from the drone. The vast majority of it will be from the OneRS mounted on my helmet chin bar.

The video is not great. I didn't get the camera angle right. It needed to be tilted back just a bit more to get more of the sky in front of me. Also, the wind noise is super annoying. Regardless, this was Sarah getting up Moki Dugway, just after having gotten through The Valley of the Gods. At this time, she had only been riding on a street legal bike since early March of this year. All of her dirt riding experience has been on FLAT terrain. So this was a bit of a leap into the deep end for her. You'll notice Daniel is no where to be seen in the video... He was gone.

Day One, Sarah getting up Moki Dugway

Question for ya, Scott. What's going back to work been like?
Is it oh geez, here we go again, or is it somewhat brighter and newer after pulling off this insanely awesome trip with the kids?
Are you trying to design something and spontaneously cracking a smile when thoughts of moments cross your mind?

Do you have bad dreams involving brake pedals?

I am trying to keep a good attitude, but the stress came right back!! There are just certain things about my job that are outside my control, like being able to control when I work. This means that I spend a lot of time sitting around wondering if/when the phone is going to ring, especially after hours and on weekends. The possibility that it could ring at any moment and mean I have to go to work kind of kills my motivation to do a lot of things. But... It's what I do, I enjoy helping my customers, and I still have bills to pay. So... :shrug:

The video is not great. I didn't get the camera angle right. It needed to be tilted back just a bit more to get more of the sky in front of me. Also, the wind noise is super annoying. Regardless, this was Sarah getting up Moki Dugway, just after having gotten through The Valley of the Gods. At this time, she had only been riding on a street legal bike since early March of this year. All of her dirt riding experience has been on FLAT terrain. So this was a bit of a leap into the deep end for her. You'll notice Daniel is no where to be seen in the video... He was gone.

Day One, Sarah getting up Moki Dugway
1. Beautiful ride!
2. Great coaching!
3. Excellent job by Sarah on an intimidating road!

Back