• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Thinking of getting a Moto Guzzi V7 850

She's purdy! Hoot to ride as well.

1627767885258.png

So I've had her for a week now. Really a very different feel from the VStrom.
Biggest thing to get used to is the vibration around 3,500 or so.
It has decent grunt but 3,500 makes the engine kind of "shake" for lack of a better term.
4,500 up tho she's smooth and responsive.
I love love love being able to flat foot it!
Made up a harness for my Scorpio alarm and got it wired in today.
This bike is very minimalistic and not much room to play around with.
But that's what gives it the old school vibe.
BTW - I've had this Scorpio i900 alarm for over 10 years and it has worked flawlessly on 3 bikes now.
Anyone with a high value or otherwise desirable bike should consider it.

I have a V85TT now at 10K miles Love the bike no issues.
Which version? Plain, Travel or the Adv?

When my house is paid for in February, I can get something new. The V85TT is on the list with a Ural. I know which one makes the most sense but since when has MC owneship ever been about that? I'd have had the TT by now most likely if they originally came with tubeless wheels. Now they do and there's no more excuses. The only downside on the new ones is the 1 piece headers. Can't get a Cat eliminator Y-pipe for it. Gotta swap out the whole thing.

When my house is paid for in February, I can get something new. The V85TT is on the list with a Ural. I know which one makes the most sense but since when has MC owneship ever been about that? I'd have had the TT by now most likely if they originally came with tubeless wheels. Now they do and there's no more excuses. The only downside on the new ones is the 1 piece headers. Can't get a Cat eliminator Y-pipe for it. Gotta swap out the whole thing.
I will have a Ural when I retire so me, wife and the pup can go for rides.
It will be fun getting reacquainted with a hack. ;)

Apologies for the hijack, but it seems all the Guzzi guys are present! Has anyone tried or have one of the big boys? I'm in love with the visuals on these two.

Attachments

• audace_carbon_z3.png
    audace_carbon_z3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 290
  • 2018-Moto-Guzzi-Eldorado4-1024x769.jpg
    2018-Moto-Guzzi-Eldorado4-1024x769.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 177
The Audace Carbon is fairly new but it has a monster engine.
I seem to recall the tank size is a bit puny for the consumption.
It is a real looker tho!
The Eldorado is a much respected cruiser - very popular and for good reason.

I have friends that love the 1400's. I just couldn't get get on with the riding position. I do think I might like a Jackal with he pegs

Lovely small block. Treat her well and she will run beautifully for many years. These engines love to run between 4000 and 5000 rpm, but will cruise around 3000 but yes a bit of vibrations.

Definitely remember to replace the crap plastic fuel filter in the tank for a metal one.

Break in will smooth the engine out, and transmission also.

Molto bene! Veloce!

I have friends that love the 1400's. I just couldn't get get on with the riding position. I do think I might like a Jackal with he pegs

I tested a big block California when they came out. The engine is impressive, and once under way the bike was nimble. Too heavy for me to move around a garage however.

Apologies for the hijack, but it seems all the Guzzi guys are present! Has anyone tried or have one of the big boys? I'm in love with the visuals on these two.
Yea I agree they are beautiful also they are hard to combed unless you are in a major metro. I want an MXG21 so bad I can taste it. Have only seen while in the load shop. My dealer says order one prepay it will be here in 3 months.
MXG21.jpg

This is why I purchased a 2020! I do plan on adding a side car I think the guzzi will be as good or better than the Ural. My Dealer believes we can add sidecar drive for less money total than the Ural. We shall see.

I know Sean at AF1 said they had an order in as soon as they could.
They were getting in 4 of the Centenarios and 3 were already spoken for.
I got mine about a month after I paid down payment. So 3 months sounds about right.
You might call Sean and ask about these if you're really interested.

This is why I purchased a 2020! I do plan on adding a side car I think the guzzi will be as good or better than the Ural. My Dealer believes we can add sidecar drive for less money total than the Ural. We shall see.
Keep us posted on that one.

Lovely small block. Treat her well and she will run beautifully for many years. These engines love to run between 4000 and 5000 rpm, but will cruise around 3000 but yes a bit of vibrations.

Definitely remember to replace the crap plastic fuel filter in the tank for a metal one.
Break in will smooth the engine out, and transmission also.
Molto bene! Veloce!
AF1 assured me that all are now metal. Apparently they learned.

Here's a leaner for you.
1875906_3060013920724733_6211736755536658432_n-jpg.jpg

1984648_3060013404058118_6242818669353631744_n-jpg.jpg

Guzzi owners are loyalists, so shame on anyone who doesn't support the brand. And some Guzzis are more reliable than others. Some models have intrinsic design flaws. Maintenance is easy on Guzzis. I bought a 2012 Stelvio lemon with 2K miles on it and paid the price for the next 20K miles. AF1 was outstanding, but in the end, they were fighting intrinsically poor engineering and quality. Maybe Guzzis are better now or I just got a bad one.

Guzzi owners are loyalists, so shame on anyone who doesn't support the brand. And some Guzzis are more reliable than others. Some models have intrinsic design flaws. Maintenance is easy on Guzzis. I bought a 2012 Stelvio lemon with 2K miles on it and paid the price for the next 20K miles. AF1 was outstanding, but in the end, they were fighting intrinsically poor engineering and quality. Maybe Guzzis are better now or I just got a bad one.

My 2012 V7 Racer was just bullet proof, and gave 18K miles trouble free riding. And I pushed the little heron-head block hard. My 2017 V7 III Special has been trouble free except for a burnt out main instrument cluster. That cost $750, the bike was about a year out of warranty, and Guzzi USA would not bend to cover it under warranty.

No quality MG dealer in Houston is a major issue, but I use an independent Guzzi expert to keep my Special tuned. She is a wonderful machine.

Back