• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Thoughts for RollingJ

Yes, it's true that I am alive and mostly well. Still ugly, but what can you do...

I've been having dizzy spells for a few weeks now but this one came with the right side of my body numb and heavy. I called 911 and happened to pull over 2 blocks from the fire station in Deridder. They were there fast! I couldn't get the door open but I got the window somehow. It's really scary knowing the words you want to say and something else comes out.

So then I threw hands with the er nurses. I don't really know what that was about, but they won. I woke up when they pulled the intubation tube out of my throat, and it's all been up-hill from there.

I'm pretty sure ill be alright with wife and family giving my all their love.
It's great to see you posting!

Good on you for having the awareness to pull over and call 911.

It was probably closer to a week - ten days before my wife could speak intelligible words and she would get incredibly frustrated because we couldn't understand what she was trying to say, and written communication was even worse.

Throwing hands is not unusual in a brain injury situation so they are used to dealing with patients like that.

So what did the MRI show?

So glad to hear this! And from the horse’s mouth, no less!

th-279317048.jpg

Thanks for thinking of us here on TWT!

I love this *slightly* dysfunctional family! ;-)

Yes, it's true that I am alive and mostly well. Still ugly, but what can you do...

I've been having dizzy spells for a few weeks now but this one came with the right side of my body numb and heavy. I called 911 and happened to pull over 2 blocks from the fire station in Deridder. They were there fast! I couldn't get the door open but I got the window somehow. It's really scary knowing the words you want to say and something else comes out.

So then I threw hands with the er nurses. I don't really know what that was about, but they won. I woke up when they pulled the intubation tube out of my throat, and it's all been up-hill from there.

LOL. I know this is a serious medical event but I love that your sense of humor is front and center. Thanks for posting up and may you continue to heal quickly.

Hopefully you can weather this storm like you have all the rest in the past. Get well soon 🙏

Back