• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Want to Buy Tiger 900 GT Pro

Not Dave

Technically I AM Dave
Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Hogate
I'm in the market, looking for a roady. I'm not interested in all the farkles like giant hard cases. I do prefer Korosi red, don't want black. No lowered bikes as I'm 6'4". Will be cash. Since used ones are few and far between, new is also an option. Seems like folks don't want to get rid of these.

I click on the link and it takes me to a page to install Cycletrader app. Only white one I see is in League City. You're in Temple and I'm actually in Granger, not far at all. I would consider white. For 2023 model they now have Caspian Blue, which I'm contemplating if I like it or not. Red would be preferred but white would work also, just not black.

Sorry about the link but yeah that’s the one, in League City. I’ve been looking at those too and this one pop up in my daily email. I’m not ready to pull the trigger. Seems like a decent deal.

I'm not opposed. Thought maybe it was yours and I'm always happy to support TWT members. There was a red one in Temple recently but guess it sold. I'm not in a rush but would like to ride again soon. Used or new, price difference isn't that much. I think Triumph replaced red with blue for 2023 as their website only shows white, black or blue options. I'll be ready to buy in a couple of weeks.

My wife's 2020 with 39xx miles may be for sale end of October this year . It is a LRH with some extras . Rally pro folding shift lever / belly pan . TKC 70 front / Rocks rear with 500 miles on them .
She is having some health issues with her eyes , and may hang up her helmet after our Trip to Eureka Springs
123404295_1053311425105792_6492160355819854767_o.jpg

A exhaust.jpg

a bark busters.jpg

A Sargent seat.jpg

A shift arm.jpg

Hepko n Becker top case.jpg

this year

Recommendation against buying a Tiger:

I have a red 2020 Tiger 900 GT that I got in Feb of 2021 that was new in the box (odometer read "2" when I took it off the lot) I put 27,000+ miles on it and wrecked it twice (first wreck tailed ended while stopped at a stop light and second wreck new TKC front tire came off at 70mph on smooth flat pavement.)

- The speedometer does not/never has worked. More than 20% off at 70mph. Triumph is aware and has no plans to fix.
- The seat has a significant design flaw and can fail and come off while riding. Can be replaced under warranty if you don't die when it comes apart.
- The Bosch IMU and smart ABS did not work for the first 8,000 miles / 10 months and had to be rebuilt under warranty. Triumph dealers and Triumph USA were not helpful. I had a terrible time getting them not wanting to fix this issue on a new bike.
- Globally, there are no spare parts for Triumphs. I don't mean just in the USA. If you need something it takes 12 weeks while they make a new part in Thailand.
- Cost of minor repairs and maintenance is astronomical.

If you make the mistake of buying a Tiger 900, be sure to get the quick shifter. The gears are very close together and under normal riding you will shift up to 6th gear by 50mph. It is a lot of shifting, but it is fun with the quick shifter.

In summary, the 900 Tiger has more than it's fair share of issues that can kill you, the dealers are bad, but it is fun to ride!

Edit: Mine is not for sale, plan to ride until something breaks that kills me.

IMG_20220305_222547605.jpg

Last edited:
Recommendation against buying a Tiger:

I have a red 2020 Tiger 900 GT that I got in Feb of 2021 that was new in the box (odometer read "2" when I took it off the lot) I put 27,000+ miles on it and wrecked it twice (first wreck tailed ended while stopped at a stop light and second wreck new TKC front tire came off at 70mph on smooth flat pavement.)

- The speedometer does not/never has worked. More than 20% off at 70mph. Triumph is aware and has no plans to fix.
- The seat has a significant design flaw and can fail and come off while riding. Can be replaced under warranty if you don't die when it comes apart.
- The Bosch IMU and smart ABS did not work for the first 8,000 miles / 10 months and had to be rebuilt under warranty. Triumph dealers and Triumph USA were not helpful. I had a terrible time getting them not wanting to fix this issue on a new bike.
- Globally, there are no spare parts for Triumphs. I don't mean just in the USA. If you need something it takes 12 weeks while they make a new part in Thailand.
- Cost of minor repairs and maintenance is astronomical.

If you make the mistake of buying a Tiger 900, be sure to get the quick shifter. The gears are very close together and under normal riding you will shift up to 6th gear by 50mph. It is a lot of shifting, but it is fun with the quick shifter.

In summary, the 900 Tiger has more than it's fair share of issues that can kill you, the dealers are bad, but it is fun to ride!

Edit: Mine is not for sale, plan to ride until something breaks that kills me.

View attachment 329996
Instruction's are very clear about rear seat attachment , and to pull up verifying its latched to front seat . Page 85 , 86, 87 ( other makes install same way example yamaha FJR1300 )
TKC 70 is nothing to do with Triumph . Would like to see a GPS to speedo as ours is off like every other brand 5%
I'll admit I had issues with my Tiger 1200 XCX , but Triumph USA after many attempts with my Key fob / ECU got it right in the end , and gave me a rear rack / Alum case for my troubles . ( $ 1000 value ) My connections , and ease to deal with got me a loaner bike as well .

I absolutely loved my 2012 Tiger 800 streetie. I suspect the 900 is even better. BTW, parts for any marque are difficult to get now. Ride Now Austin says they no longer work on any BMW over 10 years old due to parts supply. Best to have a spare bike in he garage.

Low bikes, I have no need for them as I'm 6'4". I sat on a BMW GSA a few years back and could touch down on both sides at once. The KTM 690R that Green Eggs had was taller, test rode it once and liked it but too off roady for me. I've ridden an 800 roady and liked it, that's why I'm leaning that way.

Alas, my better half tells me I'm not getting a motorcycle as long as we're living in the RV. She says once we get a house, I can get a motorcycle. I'll let some time pass before revisiting the topic. Our house closes this Wednesday so maybe next week I can broach the subject again. She started a new job and is going through the Principal Certification course to become an AP at a school. She's stressed. And her oldest daughter is having a baby in a few weeks, the first grandbaby. She has supported me riding even after the broken leg in 2014.

Yeah, I can't blame a bike for a bad tire and I'm aware of Triumphs dealer issues among other things.

Low bikes, I have no need for them as I'm 6'4". I sat on a BMW GSA a few years back and could touch down on both sides at once. The KTM 690R that Green Eggs had was taller, test rode it once and liked it but too off roady for me. I've ridden an 800 roady and liked it, that's why I'm leaning that way.

Alas, my better half tells me I'm not getting a motorcycle as long as we're living in the RV. She says once we get a house, I can get a motorcycle. I'll let some time pass before revisiting the topic. Our house closes this Wednesday so maybe next week I can broach the subject again. She started a new job and is going through the Principal Certification course to become an AP at a school. She's stressed. And her oldest daughter is having a baby in a few weeks, the first grandbaby. She has supported me riding even after the broken leg in 2014.

Yeah, I can't blame a bike for a bad tire and I'm aware of Triumphs dealer issues among other things.
Congratulations on granddaughter and new home. You remaining in same area?

Congratulations on granddaughter and new home. You remaining in same area?
Thanks. We'll stay in Granger probably until the end of the school year, don't really know.

Several times over the past 5 years. We like camping at Willis Creek campground and have been to the swimming beach at Wilson Fox Park. I don't care for fishing, though.
We have rented the group site a few times. Once it was so cold only two of us camped but in vehicles to keep from freezing to death. it was fun trying to cook with high cold winds.

Back