• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Time and Pressure, well negotiation... 11 years in the making

Reaction score
Since my son was born, I have been dropping the hint to my wife that I couldn't wait to buy him a motorcycle and for 11 years I've been met with, "not anytime soon". Last month a 2005 CRF70 popped up on TWT that was in good condition at a fair price. I sat down with my wife and pleaded my case and she finally agreed. I bought the bike, all the gear, and hide it at my brother's house. Last Thursday night before a 3 day weekend I snuck over to his house, picked up the bike, quietly put it in the garage, let my wife know I was ready for the reveal and then called my son into the garage. He was blown away. I personally felt like a little kid on Christmas morning I was so excited to give it to him. We went riding 2 days in a row. Once at a nearby field where he lost control of the bike once and threw it into the trees. When I got to him he was rolling on the ground laughing. Was so happy he was uninjured and the protective gear worked as expected. The next day we rode at Hidden Falls. Mostly in the kids area which he loved. Just wanted to share my joy.

Pic of the night he got the bike and gear. Tags still attached. :lol2:

Bike1.jpg

Pic of the tree incident

Bike2.jpg

Awesome!!!!

Here's to hoping your son has many many more years of smiles and laughing from the joy motorcycles.

When I met my wife 36 years ago I was on a motorcycle... literally

I've always had motorcycles...

my 3 sons have always had motorcycles since they could walk...

I feel for guys that don't have that luxury.

You are a good,lucky, special dad. I hope something like this happens to you.

Posts like yours are what the world needs more of.

View attachment 318553
That's funny. For his birthday last year, I took him shooting for the first time. He still loves going back and looking at the videos I took of him shooting. His smile was equally as big.

What a great story, and congratulations on a well executed plan! I have my son to thank for getting me (back) into motorcycles, and that's pretty amazing too.

So glad to see that the 70 served him well as his first bike. It was my nephews first bike as well before I sold it to you. I am happy to see that he's still into riding as well and moving on to bigger and better things in the world of dirt bikes.

So glad to see that the 70 served him well as his first bike. It was my nephews first bike as well before I sold it to you. I am happy to see that he's still into riding as well and moving on to bigger and better things in the world of dirt bikes.
It was a great little bike to get him comfortable with maneuvering off road. I think the clutch, psychologically, makes him feel more like an adult so he loves riding the 125. As soon as I get him more comfortable with obstacles and shifting, I plan to take him out to hidden falls to ride more than just the kids area. I need to find other places to ride that are more woods and trail riding. I'd like to stay away from the track for now.

It was a great little bike to get him comfortable with maneuvering off road. I think the clutch, psychologically, makes him feel more like an adult so he loves riding the 125. As soon as I get him more comfortable with obstacles and shifting, I plan to take him out to hidden falls to ride more than just the kids area. I need to find other places to ride that are more woods and trail riding. I'd like to stay away from the track for now.

Take him to Spoaks and ride the trails out there.

Back