• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Two good rides when in S.E. Idaho/surrounding area

Reaction score
I've done a bit of good riding this weekend and thought I'd share it if anyone comes around these parts I found it a most enjoyable ride.
I did them as two seperate rides but it is possible to do them as one (I would recommend staying the night somewhere in that case).
1st leaving from idaho falls I went up to throught Island Park into west Yellowstone and then through one of the loops that goes by Yellowstone lake and back out and down the same way. It was about a 9 hour ride I did with my wife. Taking it slow there is usually a lot of wildlife to see and nice scenery to see and smell the wildlife.
2nd ride. Leaving from idaho falls again I headed toward swan valley from there to Victor Idaho through the Teton pass which was a lot of fun with tons of twisties mountians and a beautiful view of the Tetons. Ending up in Jackson Hole Wy. From there we stayed the night at one of the camp grounds about 40 miles away from Jackson. Came back through Houghback Junction which is similiar to Teton Pass but just a different road. Which also takes you back to Swan Valley and from there to Idaho Falls. Around a 6 - 7 hour ride.
You can make it one big trip and I would recomend using a few days to take your time. By going up through Island Park, Entering Yellowstone at West Yellowstone enterance. I would do both of the loops and leave at the south wyoming enterance where you would end up going to jackson hole and from there either taking Houghback or Teton pass.
Obviously you could change the course depending on your needs but I just thought if anyone ever is going around Idaho and needs a good ride to do I would make this suggestion. I did them both with my wife who has really impressed me with her "steelbuttness" and we have both really enjoyed the two fun rides this week. If a can I'll post a few pics. I forgot my digital so the pics were all taken with crappy disposable.

I bet that was a beautiful ride. I'll be going from Coeur d'Alene ID into West Yellowstone on my trip in September. I plan on doing the loop in Yellowstone that takes you past Old Faithful to the lake and back round to the West Yellowstone again. I haven't been to Yellowstone so I'm looking forward to that ride in particular.

Ya'll may as well include the Tetons in your loop. It's right there and v e r y beautiful as well.

I ounce heard a rider say , Idaho was proof , God wanted us to ride motorcycle s.
Very much agree. Totally surprised by the quality of riding there.

Back