• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Dark Mode

TLRam1

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R.
I know Scott has talked about this before, there already is a solution.

I use FF and added the "dark mode" (I did not know this existed) add-on, you can turn on/off and I think you adjust grey scale also. I switched to the new FB also and activated dark mode. With this Scott has nothing to do.

What started me looking was facebook, I needed a Dark Mode for my eyes, found it then looked for Firefox. I think if you search, every browser will have an Add-On for Dark Mode.

WHOAH this is awesome!!! I use a very dark skin on another site, and now I can have it everywhere! Thanks!!

1. In EDGE you can go to settings/Appearance/Default Theme change to Dark.

2. Then enter this into the address bar the URL below and ENABLE "Force Dark Mode for Web Content". Close and reopen edge.

edge://flags/#enable-force-dark

I have downloaded the add-On for Chrome and Opera also, I have everything in dark mode now.

On Firefox, Chrome and Opera you have to PIN the ON/OFF switch to your tool bar, then you can click it on and off like a light switch. I don't remember how I found the switch to pin it but if you need help ask, one of us can find it again.

Chrome dark mode is

Opera

On Firefox, Chrome and Opera you have to PIN the ON/OFF switch to your tool bar, then you can click it on and off like a light switch. I don't remember how I found the switch to pin it but if you need help ask, one of us can find it again.

Chrome dark mode is

Yay! Thank you so much for finding this.

On Firefox, Chrome and Opera you have to PIN the ON/OFF switch to your tool bar,

I didn't have to do didly, it's right there and I can turn it on and adjust it for the individual sites.
Awesome eye strain relief.

I didn't have to do didly, it's right there and I can turn it on and adjust it for the individual sites.
Awesome eye strain relief.

On every one of mine for some reason I had to "pin it" to the bar, must be my settings.

I went into the options of the Dark Mode app for Opera and unclicked the Custom Ebay & Yahoo that were Black and now are changed to a lighter grey. I am sure this can be done for other browsers as mentioned above, first time I made a change as this was too dark.

@Tourmeister Hey Scott, any chance this is an easy switch to flip on your side?

Still happily using Dark Reader. My eyes screamed when I turned it off to compare.

Yea, I have my phone set to dark but my phone browser does not convert twt to dark mode for some reason. Whenever I can't sleep I am generally on here which is rough without dark mode. (Hence my post at 4:51 am)

I may just try another browser for my twt fix but we will see.

Any luck on this? Site is too bright to use in a dark room.

@Tourmeister Hey Scott, any chance this is an easy switch to flip on your side?

That requires another theme to be created, something I am terrible at doing. I might see if I can find a prepackaged dark theme.

I use Dark Reader and it works well, there are adjustments you can make.

Just an FYI, when this is installed, you give it permission to collect data on all your other web activity in the browser.

Just an FYI, when this is installed, you give it permission to collect data on all your other web activity in the browser.
Dark Reader is open source: https://github.com/darkreader/darkreader

If you could just point to where in the code it collects any personal data, which is against its stated privacy policy (https://darkreader.org/privacy/), I'll eat my socks. Yes, it has to have permissions in order to work, but blame the way modern browsers are set up and websites abuse you.

Back