• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Video editing softwear

Reaction score
I did a search but every time i do one on a forum i never come up with anything . So what is everyone using to edit their gopro footage ? I had one but i didn't want to pay a monthly fee so i was looking for something that is free or a one time purchase ( i know that isnt a thing now days ) . I just want something easy to use and that might can work with a ipad .

If you're an IOS user, then iMovie is the first choice on the iPad, in my opinion.

Do you use a PC or Mac at home?

If Mac, iMovie is a logical (and good) choice.

If on a PC, look at ClipChamp. It's free from Microsoft for Windows 11 and 10. However, it's a no-go on your iPad.
ClipChamp - https://clipchamp.com/en/video-editor

If you want to get a bit more sophisticated, DaVinci Resolve is free, available for Mac OSX, Windows, and Linux, and amazingly versatile. I use it and Premiere Pro and love them both.

Last edited:
If you want to get a bit more sophisticated, DaVinci Resolve is free, available for Mac OSX, Windows, and Linux, and amazingly versatile.
STEEP learning curve here, but VERY powerful, it's what I use, and I barely scratch the surface of what it can do.

+1 DaVinci Resolve(the FREE version).
There are endless tutorials for this software.

I do have a pic and an I pad so I was hoping to use both if possible.
The only cross-platform editing app I'm aware of is Adobe Premiere Rush. It's a bit bare-boned, but it is easier than Premiere Pro and it's free.

Truly, it's a good app, and it has inexpensive pathways to more advanced capabilities if you need them.

I started using Shotcut early on because it was free. It is not "intuitive" if you ask me, but there are tons of videos on Youtube that show how to use it. There are MAC and PC downloads for it per the website.

Back