• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Video of FM 149 southbound from Anderson to Richards on Sunday March 10

Reaction score
If anyone has go pro vide of FM 149 southbound from Anderson to Richards from Sunday March 10, please let me know. There was some utility work just north of FM 2562 where the contractor cut a 2' strip across the road and then did a poor job backfiring with gravel. They left a big hole. That caused my friend to have a bent rim and a blow out. Luckily she did a superior job and kept the bike upright and was able to get it stopped safely. But, now we are stuck with a $2000 repair. The contractor is responsible for their negligence and should pay. Any video of the road conditions on Sunday would be helpful to hold them responsible. Please let me know if you have anything that would help. We weren't the only ones impacted. There were 5-6 other bikes impacted. When the tow truck came and picked the bike up there was already a brand new Harley on it with a cracked front rim. So, please help if you have something helpful.

Similar thing happened here in town. City was forcing the construction company to make people whole.

Possibly reach out to the county and see who was doing the work. Not a bad idea to get the names of as many other people who were affected as you can.

You might see if the tow company towed other bikes the same day for the same reason and see if you can contact other riders through them. This way, even without the video evidence, you have the testimony of multiple people that were affected by it.

I saw those strips cut in FM 149 several weeks back, fortunately they were fresh then and relatively full of gravel and I got through OK, but decided I would use FM 2819 from a couple of miles South of Richards to Anderson until that stretch of FM 149 got fixed (if it ever does). FM 149 was a good route but has now been ruined by incompetent contractors and evidently non-existent government oversight. Sorry your friend got her bike damaged, fortunately she wasn’t injured or killed.

Similar thing happened here in town. City was forcing the construction company to make people whole.

Possibly reach out to the county and see who was doing the work. Not a bad idea to get the names of as many other people who were affected as you can.
Of it's on the FM, TxDOT would be the point of contact. They'll provide contact information for the contractor.

Back