• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

warriors

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Chad Reed and Josh Grant 2 warriors willing to come out of retirement, get absolutely wrecked and still just want to watch the races!
0F368285-4068-47DB-AF90-DA367800FF19.jpeg

Yeah, my hats off to those guys, but it might be time to rethink their careers. I'd hope both guys were smart enough with their finances to have a retirement plan, because it's time for them to face the facts. As ex racers/riders we all face that someday, don't we?

Yeah, my hats off to those guys, but it might be time to rethink their careers. I'd hope both guys were smart enough with their finances to have a retirement plan, because it's time for them to face the facts. As ex racers/riders we all face that someday, don't we?
Not to argue your statement but you do realize both guys got hurt because of bike failures at the worst critical time? Believe it was a wheel/chain for Grant and Reed said his fuel pump went out.

I'd hope both guys were smart enough with their finances to have a retirement plan
They probably aren't doing this for monetary reasons, maybe they actually love riding and racing? I'm probably done but at 70 y/o I raced 3 x's this year. I'm sure Reed is fit enough to race. His IG page quote says he's not done yet!

crtwotwo

Verified​

I’ve loved the past 12 or so weeks getting to challenge myself. It brought realization to just how awesome Supercross as a sport is!
Also has made me acknowledge with how soft and fearful most people live, blows my mind how threatening a 40 year old retired guy enjoying a little grind and a few races can be to some.
What happened last night is unacceptable and I don’t care if you’re 16 or 60 years old, no one should have to be concerned a fuel pump will go out while enjoying your favorite sport!
I’m frustrated, mad and beyond disappointed with being broken.
But you just have to dig in and ask the right questions, try to implement things to eliminate the issue happening again.
These broken bones feel no different from my first broken bones at 10 year’s old
This picture makes me smile!
You better believe I’ll be back for more hard work and SX grind💪🏽
Thank you for letting this big kid feel racing again 👊🏽

Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 5.54.42 AM.png

look closely you'll see his chain coming off asa he's getting ready to hit the jump.

Man that short start straight was a cluster. Otherwise it was a nice simple track for professional SX racers. I am not sure what they paid Eli to get him to do a one-off appearance but he made the most of it. Honestly it was a pretty weak field. When Vince Friese actually finishes in the top three, well good for him too. The format with the back to back to back mains was different, but seemed like plenty of racing to me. Better than nothing for sure.

So I logged on this morning to see if there was a thread about the just announced 2023 SX/MX World Championship with the final race to be held at the LA Coliseum. Man that is a venue that has some SX history! Feel a road trip coming on.

The reason I post this here is I think this was a reaction by the SX and MX USA promoters to this World SX series we are talking about in this thread.

Edit to include the best part: Everything is moving back to Peacock next year. Thank goodness. Cheap and reliable plus my wife can watch Yellowstone.

Last edited:
Not to argue your statement but you do realize both guys got hurt because of bike failures at the worst critical time? Believe it was a wheel/chain for Grant and Reed said his fuel pump went out.
Oh, wasn't questioning their riding ability at all; I know they'd both ride rings around me. I was more questioning them weighing their gain vs their chance of loss. Both have proven careers and (I assume) lots of money. They are also not spring chickens anymore, and do have families. To each his own of course, and I'm happy to know you're still racing, but as for me, I've found other, less extreme ways to have fun. The old bones just don't heal as well as they used to.

So I logged on this morning to see if there was a thread about the just announced 2023 SX/MX World Championship with the final race to be held at the LA Coliseum. Man that is a venue that has some SX history! Feel a road trip coming on.

The reason I post this here is I think this was a reaction by the SX and MX USA promoters to this World SX series we are talking about in this thread.

Edit to include the best part: Everything is moving back to Peacock next year. Thank goodness. Cheap and reliable plus my wife can watch Yellowstone.
Yep, I think the USA promoters got a wake up call with the advent of WSX and realized they needed to compete better. The fear of losing top riders to WSX forced them to combine camps, and I think it's great! More money, sponsors, and even races mean keeping the top guys here and even got Peacock on board. Loving it!

They are also not spring chickens anymore, and do have families. To each his own of course, and I'm happy to know you're still racing, but as for me, I've found other, less extreme ways to have fun. The old bones just don't heal as well as they used to.
Oh I'm done now! Wanted to race after 70 just because! Done it, all good now.

My hats off to you, Rob. You don't know how many times I've been tempted to try again, but decided to keep the few good bones I still have intact. I still get reminded time to time as the weather changes why I don't race anymore, lol. I'll still do some "sprited" dual sporting, and when my wife sees the videos, her first comment is usually, "you're going too fast, Honey", so I know how hard it is to walk away from. :rider:

My hats off to you, Rob. You don't know how many times I've been tempted to try again, but decided to keep the few good bones I still have intact. I still get reminded time to time as the weather changes why I don't race anymore, lol. I'll still do some "sprited" dual sporting, and when my wife sees the videos, her first comment is usually, "you're going too fast, Honey", so I know how hard it is to walk away from. :rider:
I've raced several times for years till this year so it wasn't getting back in it! Never left. I still ride fair but feel like I'm in the way, actually or perceived I feel it. We still ride off road very hard with like age guys.

At this level I wonder why a chain would fail? I would think they use quality stuff and replace frequently by a proper mechanic!

Just happened recently to Roczen on the practice track too, right?

This is the back of Cr22's number plate! The rigging for those fender mounted cameras, wonder if all this mess contributed to the fuel pump failure?

Attachments

• AB1C82A0-2726-4B17-9A11-44B8E3C458DD.jpeg
    AB1C82A0-2726-4B17-9A11-44B8E3C458DD.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 74
Just happened recently to Roczen on the practice track too, right?
Something, he wrapped chain around front sprocket. Think his chain guide cratered. Not sure. Don't think he crashed.

This is the back of Cr22's number plate! The rigging for those fender mounted cameras, wonder if all this mess contributed to the fuel pump failure?

I didn't even think those camera views were worth anything anyway. Very distracting and some of them the camera was not aimed correctly. Sort of reminded me of my amateur helmet cam video back when everyone had to have a helmet cam.

Fuel pumps don't just fail (well Ok maybe on a KTM :lol2:) so you figure it had to be some sort of wiring issue, fuse, etc.

Back