• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Weight loss

Reaction score
I love my 1250. She seems heavier each passing year. I would like to know how to get her to lose a little weight.

You can do things like carbon fiber BST wheels, aluminum handlebars, run lighter weight oil, fill the tires with Helium, remove the gas tank, and ditch the passenger!

(Man, somebody REALLY needs to patent and implement a sarcasm font.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spend a small fortune on TI hardware. Full exhaust first you will probably drop 25 or more pounds over a factory system with a full TI exhaust
Replace bolts with TI bolts
TI Axles gun drilled
Carbon Fiber Wheels

You should be able to spend about 3 times what a few year old bike is worth with no problem if you want to drop weight

The Full Ti exhaust on my ZRX is 9 pounds including a full length exhaust can, stock header alone was over 30 pounds plus the exhaust can

Honey wants me to buy a new car. My 1993 Sentra is practically new with 25k miles on it. Course the brake lines are a little furry.

Easy weight loss, buy my Ducati 696! Want more weight loss, buy my KTM 390 Duke.........360 lbs wet:thumb:

7 yrs ago I had to lose 50 lbs due to finding out I had a heart condition. The difference that made on the way my '07 Bandit and '00 KLR worked was amazing.

I am not overweight, 6'1", 178 lbs. I am dieting realizing I should be at the lower end of the spectrum. I hope this crowd has some references to hardware changes. Thanks Achesley. Spent some time in Baton Rouge over the years.

I just had some mesh added due to moving my tire changing machine box after filling in the open spaces with more small tool boxes, tubing benders, etc.

Boy, mention a little hernia correction or a little balding and the laughter dies down to whimper. There was some electrician in Alabama or somewhere who did lots of lightening but I can't find the posts.

Back