• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What did you do in the garage today?

Had one at the old house garage - VERY handy.

Another good one is mounting a hose reel between the garage door in either ceiling or on garage door walls. Good for in garage or on driveway. My Harbor Fright hose reel has been at 2 houses and is around 20 years old
https://www.harborfreight.com/38-in-x-50-ft-retractable-hose-reel-93897.html
I mounted on in the center of the shop. Can reach any corner and can go out the front or back door about 15’. Also have air chucks by front and back doors for when I need to go further.

7F17CFAC-99A5-4787-AB0A-DB08D38972FF.jpeg

I have a 25' red hose that's a pain in the butt to coil, so it will get routed and mounted to give a chuck right outside the garage to wherever the little compressor lives. I can pop in the quick connect for that or a small hose inside.

I have co2 extinguishers , they are life time , no powder to cake up or gharge gas to leak . The filled weight is stamped into the bottle , weigh it if its is at the stamped weight its good also good on electrical fires and no cleanup up after use . I dont buy stuff at retail prices

One day, hopefully many many many years away, someone else will move into this house, and they will say "wow, that guy sucked with drywall and carpentry!" :lol2:
I'll be residing in a Folgers can, probably unavailable for comment. :moon:

DSCN0065.JPG

Slice it anyway you want, that looks TONS better than the old, rotted door!!
A little concrete to even up the floor, then on to opening up the corner to the right. Shudder!!!!

No, that door track has to go away. This is a real rethink of the whole garage, not just throw the benches and old cabinets in there.

What you can't see behind the windshield is a pair of rear speakers out of an '82 Corvette, so if anyone's lookin'......

No, that door track has to go away. This is a real rethink of the whole garage, not just throw the benches and old cabinets in there.

What you can't see behind the windshield is a pair of rear speakers out of an '82 Corvette, so if anyone's lookin'......

Me thinks you might be a bit sensitive, sir. LOL.

Finally got all but the last few minor details finished with my Hawk. Carbs are rejetted and ready to slap back on as soon as the new O-rings on the pilot screws arrive. Anything else left is just finishing up the digital gauge and testing out the jetting with some WOT pulls. Too bad it's raining :tears:

I don't have a garage... But I have some repairs that need to be done.

If you caught my fuel pump repair thread (still pumping strong). You know I am apprehensive about working on my bike. I have no idea why.

As a younger man, I operated and repaired a 600 PSI Babcock & Wilcock superheated steam boiler onboard an aircraft carrier. I have been an auto mechanic for many years. I've swapped out transmissions, clutches, and similar drive components. I've replaced numerous head gaskets. I can still recall the pucker factor I experienced when torquing head bolts and then going an additional 90 degrees. There is something about a bolt stretching that goes against the grain. I couldn't tell you how many brake jobs, tie rods, and ball joints I've installed. I replaced the 5th gear on a Volkwagon Rabbit transmission. On a road trip to Arizona. I broke down on the side of the road. Guy gave me a ride to the junkyard where I found the parts needed to make repairs. With the tools I had with me, I fixed the car there on the highway.

So... Here we go...

I'm working on a 2014 Super Tenere that needs the forks rebuilt.

YouTube has several good videos covering this task. I also own an OEM repair manual. The process doesn't look much different than changing strut cartridges on some of the older vehicles I've worked on. I don't think I will find anything unusual once I start the process.

I have ordered my parts including three new tools. A seal driver, oil level tool kit, and fork spring compression tool. Everything should be here on Friday. I'm planning 1 day with an additional day for cushion. I do not have a dedicated workbench with vice. Will have to come up with some other solution if a vice is needed.

I will update as I start into the project.

Me thinks you might be a bit sensitive, sir. LOL.

Naaah..... just compelled to say that since someone was compelled to razz me for leaving that door rail up. It'll be gone by dinnertime.

All that crap is gone from the corner, and the bench to the right is outside under a tarp for now. Ideas on overdrive!

My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention!

You'll need something to hold the fork while you work. Never tried without a vise, so no help there. Plastic trash can is good for draining oil from forks. If you can do a transmission on a VW, this is cake. My skill/experience level is MUCH lower than yours and I've done fork seals on several bikes with no issue. You got this.

Take a hard look at fire blankets. Less messy.
I like this idea so got a couple, one for the kitchen and one for the grill area. I do agree the powder extinguishers make a horrible mess, but if I need one I'm not to worried about the mess. These blankets look like they would be a great solution for a small fire. Hung this one in the wife's pantry next to "her" ladder.

fire-blanket.jpg

Changed the front brakes on my truck.
When driving to Gatesville Sunday, I stopped at the gas station and topped off, and when pulling out, thought I heard a little grinding sound. I stopped again, and did not hear it, and didn't hear it the next 6 miles or so to the camp.
When leaving started hearing it every 3rd or 4th stop, so took it easy heading back, and was fine till Calvert and hit traffic, by the time I got home to Katy, it was grinding at every stop.

brake 1.jpg

brake 2.jpg

brake 3.jpg

Think I got my money out of these pads.
I did not change the rotors. This truck is driven maybe 2,500 miles a year, and is 22 years old with the older style hub/rotor assembly. They are scored a bit on 1 outer edge, but not horrible on the rest of the rotor.

Changed the front brakes on my truck.
When driving to Gatesville Sunday, I stopped at the gas station and topped off, and when pulling out, thought I heard a little grinding sound. I stopped again, and did not hear it, and didn't hear it the next 6 miles or so to the camp.
When leaving started hearing it every 3rd or 4th stop, so took it easy heading back, and was fine till Calvert and hit traffic, by the time I got home to Katy, it was grinding at every stop.

View attachment 378307

View attachment 378305

View attachment 378306

Think I got my money out of these pads.
I did not change the rotors. This truck is driven maybe 2,500 miles a year, and is 22 years old with the older style hub/rotor assembly. They are scored a bit on 1 outer edge, but not horrible on the rest of the rotor.
Looks to me like you have 3 spare pads now!

Back