• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who rode in today?

5 cold morning rides!

Yep, I'm going to have a couple of cold morning rides. Only one 4 wheeler here and wife needs it a couple of days. Looking at high 30's one morning I think.
Yep, we are in the same boat. One 4 wheeled vehicle works most of the time. It will be time to break out the coveralls and the rain gear.

Yep, we are in the same boat. One 4 wheeled vehicle works most of the time. It will be time to break out the coveralls and the rain gear.
Looking at temps and rain, questioning my decision but it is what it is! Have to make it work.

I rode today and as of now I am planning on riding tomorrow. But that's probably gonna be it for this week.

It was fine this morning but riding back wasa nightmare and I was completely unprepared.

Had some trouble with my truck this am so pulled Suzi out and dashed off to work-only a late by a few minutes!

Riding to/fro work always puts a smile on my face.

What made it a nightmare?
It started misting as I was walking to the bike and the temp started to drop. My shield kept fogging up on both sides as well as my mirrors so I had horrible visibility. Once I got moving at speed the fog cleared up but the mist kicked up from cars ahead and that's not fun. I've ridden in worse weather but for some reason the limited visibility really psyched me out.

It started misting as I was walking to the bike and the temp started to drop. My shield kept fogging up on both sides as well as my mirrors so I had horrible visibility. Once I got moving at speed the fog cleared up but the mist kicked up from cars ahead and that's not fun. I've ridden in worse weather but for some reason the limited visibility really psyched me out.
oh, that does sound purty un-fun.

It was a tough call this morning... rain chance came down to 20% for most of the day, with some 25% and 30% mixed in. Chickened out in the end. :-|

It is bitter cold here in Houston. Too cold too quickly so I didn't ride today.

Ha, chickened out and the wife was nice enough to drive me to work.

Usually do on Fridays but been getting over a cold and trying to get healthy before our Birmingham trip next weekend!

Last edited:
The cold was delicious
Unfortunately only saw 5 motorcyclist, including myself,
On my commute

33 in Falls City this morning, frost on everything. I did a 100 mile loop to meet a buddy for breakfast. About 15 miles in I decided heated grips need to be added to the 701 build project.

Back