• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Roll The Bones 2015 after thread

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445799091.792086.jpg
Friday's sand pit

iPhone Tapatalk

Re: Roll The Bones Rally VI - Oct 23-25, 2015

Thanks to everyone for braving the rain and attending the rally. This one not without some challenges.

Rain. 'nuff said!

The pizza fiasco on Friday night... Sorry for those that stood around hungry for a seemingly long time while we fought that battle. I'd like to extend a big thanks to ADVChef for providing the movie setup on Friday night! Great addition to being stuck indoors during the downpour.

Had a couple of rescues on Saturday; one in the mud and one electrical. Didn't hear of any casualties. :clap: Those that rode looked tired when they got back, but most had smiles on their faces despite the conditions.

Saturday night dinner was awesome! As always, Dody did great. Thanks to ADVChef for manning the grill and the others that helped. Mrs. Ghost fixed some awesome desert, too!

And the raffle and auction... One word.... WOW!!! I haven't hear the official tally, but the last figure was scaring the snot out of $4,000!!!!! Not a shabby number considering the turnout. Y'all did awesome! :clap:

Hope everyone has (or does) made it home safely!

Re: Roll The Bones Rally VI - Oct 23-25, 2015

Well, I hope everyone managed to salvage something from the rally. As normal, I was on duty in Gotham Temple and tell you last three days some of the WORST crash days Ive ever worked for both surface streets and I-35. Right now I-35 is shut down from crashes under Adams in Temple. One aspect of these crashes is distraction with these smartphones. Drivers are flying through red lights and stopsigns and rear ending and t-boning cars. Watch your rear view mirrors. On the Interstate they are now rear ending slower cars in the far right lane. Please careful going home.

Wow

I quoted that on my FB page as a warning to those I know to heed the words of those working on the front lines of this war on sanity

Made it home from the rally dry and safely. Had an awesome time this year. Thanks to all that contributed!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

attachment.jpg

I'm think'n 3rd gear, whadda you think?

Last edited:
Home safe, sound and with almost nothing dry. Had a ball and I can't thank the folks that put this together enough.

Home here as well. Sprayed down, chain cleaned and fresh oil change. Ready for the grind tomorrow.. :/
Had a great time! Can't wait till next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a "First Timer" RTB participant, I can't speak highly enough about how much fun this rally/event was in spite of the 11+ inches of measured rain on-site. Dody and his crew of "orange shirts" has this thing down pat and was able to shift gears with nary a hiccup for the entire time. Did it rain? Sure. But that didn't stop about 100 or so folks from participating from what I perceived to be having a good time even with Mother Nature tossing the wet stuff at everyone.

Here's a few 'fun' ones I thought I'd share with a little story line for background. The full gallery can be seen HERE.

Each of the images is provided for your free personal/non-commercial download from the gallery link above.

Dody, the Master of all things motorcycle. (including little bikes)
i-5g6B2sQ-XL.jpg

Looking out the 'back deck' before the rains started. This dock literally disappeared for a few days in the rain.
i-FZhNckM-XL.jpg

One of three intrepid riders attempting to make Brads Friday Sand Class. Unfortunately, lightning in the immediate area put a quash on that activity.
i-Tfjj2wz-XL.jpg

Rain? Who cares.... Skatz still showed up on her TW.
i-MVcQchP-XL.jpg

Under the cover of a pavilion, maintenance classes were held...
i-46vLkWJ-XL.jpg

...and tents were setup.
i-26Cd4Xb-XL.jpg

A couple vendors setup their tents,
i-TXM97Mp-XL.jpg

...and the rain made for some cool bike shots with great backgrounds.
i-MCJtXgC-XL.jpg

Registration was a smooth process...
i-jSrLZXZ-XL.jpg

...while an impromptu sand riding class was held in the parking lot since the sand pit was unavailable,
i-5gkMMhC-XL.jpg

...and in the rain no less.
i-RgTj2RX-XL.jpg

Spectators were prepared...
i-gK8fJz5-XL.jpg

...and everyone was fair game.
i-HvvSCM9-XL.jpg

Current flying get-off recoveries would not be hampered...
i-8vhjL2W-XL.jpg

As more riders arrived.
i-SV7bGQ6-XL.jpg

"Orange Shirts" were talking about group riding skills...
i-Pc7H4rr-XL.jpg

...and how to use your GPS.
i-jBfJXpH-XL.jpg

Announcements were made while waiting on Friday night pizza...
i-Zt6Dxnm-XL.jpg

...and folks were generally having a good time in the "Boat House"....
i-VbzQZdK-XL.jpg

i-2sKHCjV-XL.jpg

Beer was flowing...
i-rSz9Nr7-XL.jpg

...and the "thumbs up" was given.
i-qWhGV4P-XL.jpg

Did I mention the beer was flowing? :ponder:
i-WLmMtVF-XL.jpg

Swag was given away...
i-HpgTTJM-XL.jpg

...as bellies became full before it was time to call it a night.
i-kwjddDR-XL.jpg

The rains continued throughout the night, but that didn't deter another "Orange Shirt" cooking up Saturday breakfast...
i-Gmw9Xrp-XL.jpg

...and before we knew it, the time had come for Lunch off-site.
i-45tLFdb-XL.jpg

A little 'sight seeing' on the way back to Uncle Gus's place...
i-8VkCc2W-XL.jpg

...for another "Orange Shirt" to show us how 'easy' it is to change a tire.
i-twBqLbS-XL.jpg

A scant ten minutes later...
i-xf4rF48-XL.jpg

...turned into 20 minutes and five guys.
i-W5KLFMV-XL.jpg

With a little focused leverage and pressure...
i-4tB8dMm-XL.jpg

i-qLDCVr6-XL.jpg

...the tire yielded to the abuse.
i-Z2vXqRk-XL.jpg

Or so we all thought. Bring in more help!
i-hf93WXw-XL.jpg

And MORE help, please...
i-cgp7bqx-XL.jpg

...so five men and a good 45 minutes later can stare at this with a sense of accomplishment.
i-9dm33QZ-XL.jpg

More GPS classes were held...
i-8xFrnL6-XL.jpg

...and technical gadgetry was abundant.
i-Lzq63wx-XL.jpg

Riding on the sidewalks was frowned upon, unless you had an Orange Shirt...
i-SJJwf3p-XL.jpg

...or had to figure out a way to easily load the beast of a GS.
i-2pMPffr-XL.jpg

The cooks were a cooking...
i-89khxzX-XL.jpg

...the pork ribeyes known 'round the world.
i-5rKFMXq-XL.jpg

...while the participants were planning their bidding strategies on the items for auction.
i-3TTftWS-XL.jpg

And before everyone knew, the dinner bell was rung.
i-mBHnqxB-XL.jpg

With bellies full, the auction and raffles began...
i-2KDmtWk-XL.jpg

...while the beer continued to flow.
i-nmSR29X-XL.jpg

Did I mention that beer thing again?
i-3r2BtcX-XL.jpg

Items were auctioned and funds were raised for a grand cause.
i-vGLsnTw-XL.jpg

And before we all knew, it was time to call it a night.

But we still had Sunday morning, and as the skies were clearing the bikes were loaded...
i-CDMncZ4-XL.jpg

...and another wonderful breakfast was provided.
i-8zfGPfb-XL.jpg

New riders were welcomed,
i-WkkzBbg-XL.jpg

...and the dice continued to roll.
i-ctg5Ss5-XL.jpg

With that the time had come to call this rally 'done', make our way home and think about the friendships solidified as well as made, and give thanks to the sponsors, "Orange Shirts", vendors and participants for making RTB VI such a memorable event.

:chug:

Last edited:
Thanks to all the hard working folks that made another great RTB rally happen in spite of mother nature's best efforts to foil their plans. The riding was awesome, the food was delicious and it was good to see some new faces and many of the regulars I always look forward to getting to hang with every year!

All I can say is you guys all did one heck of a job pulling this event together. And if we ever need a rainmaker, we know who to call.

Thank's to everyone who attended and showed good restraint when things did not go off as our Dis-organizing committee had planned them. I know I was not able to do all I wanted to to be helpful, but I do want to thank all who had my best interests in mind, as they stopped me or explained that I should not be doing some of the things this old brain of mine keeps telling me I can still do. If I can just keep my self from over doing things, I'll be back on two and three wheels ( sometimes the third on the ground) doing the things we do.

What a great group of friends and fellow riders to hang out with for a few days in the rain. See Ya'll soon.

Mrs. CleatusJ said Thank's for taking care of her big kid for the weekend.

Thanks everyone. I had a great time in-spite of the weather. Home safe and had a mostly dry ride home. I even stopped at the Loco Coyote on the way home. :)

I made it home early afternoon Sunday, US281 was smooth sailing all the way to Marble Falls. For me....the event was just as good as ALL of them I have attended. Thank you for the GOLDEN SPROCKET, I had no idea I was up for an award as prestegious as that. Friday afternoon sand class was AWESOME complete mayhem, at one time all three of my bikes were down!!!! Thanks to all the rideers that came to the pit...for carnage!! I was supprised by how few rescue calls were make (2). I will mark it up to good riders that paid attention to the environment they were riding in..good job.

It is always good to see friends...even if it is only once a year! We are planning another get to gather the weekend before Thanksgiving at GhoastRancho. It will be fun!!! You should do that before you HAVE TO spend the next weekend with non-riders (I( know----it came as a suprise to me that there were such people). I am busy making more hats----and dyeing things my wife would rather I didn't.

Home safe and all dried out. Big thanks to all of the RTB dis-organizers for putting on a great event. Albeit my first. I hope to be there for many more.
Weather permitting and better prepared next time, I assure you.
Again. Many thanks to all who work so hard to put this event together. [emoji106]?

Any chance of getting the recipe for those pork rib eyes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I would be remiss if I did not mention the hospitality of Jason (and Bonny) for letting me stay in the TAJ MAHAL during the Row the Bones. Otherwise I would have been wet and cranky!!!!

Thanks for everything great friends i made . Great event . I learn alot . I miss saturday nigth i hope see all you people on the road . And thanks again

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

A great first time, with new friends, old friends, food, more food, beer, berets, and then there was some food. Q is on the DL because he had way more fun than he ought to. Always an adventure! Everything has been wrung out, washed, dried, and put up until next time. Thank you, RTB dis-organizers, sponsors...everyone!

My one photo...
6e2897a96295831699ca4285168510a1.jpg

Last edited:
Back