• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Roll The Bones 2015 after thread

couple of pictures from Friday - I believe some of these are where the KTM 1190 had to be rescued on Saturday:

And my personal favorite (this is the road we turned around on):
12189162_10205131037131373_7548119020564103679_n.jpg

Feeling better about the decision to not run the rest on the GS. Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I've got a few. I'll upload the full videos if you can edit them down. Haven't figured that part out yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a great time. I would ride in the rain anytime compared to eating dust all day long.
If you stayed at home you missed some fantastic riding.
Doty and his crew did a bang up job this year again. Great food, great event, great tracs. Great people.
You get it.
Thanks Norbx40 for the videos. I hoped someone would get me crossing that stream on video. Just love it. My first deep water crossing.

I bet that was indeed, not a good time. I suppose it could have gone either way for me. I missed it sat due to an errand that lasted too long. Perhaps it was not meant to be for me?
Well, i will plan around what ever if possible, to make it happen when you fee like going.
Maybe we can make it a posted day ride or camp out on the forum.

If possible I'd be interested in a dry run!

Cool!I guess with 4 interested we can post it up in rides. Depending on when, i may just head over to loafers bend campgrounds to stay a night. Not necessarily as part of the meet up, just me getting out. Anyone welcome to roll in if i do.

Cool!I guess with 4 interested we can post it up in rides. Depending on when, i may just head over to loafers bend campgrounds to stay a night. Not necessarily as part of the meet up, just me getting out. Anyone welcome to roll in if i do.

I'm actually hoping for a bit longer run as well in the next few weeks to perhaps Big Bend or AZ 191. Feel free to PM me on plans as I am gonna ride right up to when I start working again.

Never done anything that big yet. I would love to one day though! Will have to save up some time off to do it i think. How long does it take to get there?

Never done anything that big yet. I would love to one day though! Will have to save up some time off to do it i think. How long does it take to get there?

From the MetroMess, it takes 10 hours (oneway). I prefer US67 over I20 as a route down, hardly any traffic and lots of history along the way.

From the MetroMess, it takes 10 hours (oneway). I prefer US67 over I20 as a route down, hardly any traffic and lots of history along the way.

It showed 8hrs and 15 mins. I am def interested in heading there sometime. Coworker talks about wanting to go as well. Another talks about how it was. Looks like a great time.

It showed 8hrs and 15 mins. ...

Car time - doesn't account for the greater number of fuel and pit stops for bikes.

Edit: It's easy to average 65mph in a car/truck but I've gotta be really humpin' it to avg >55mph on a bike. The fuel and rest stops just kill the average. Aux fuel tanks is one way to up it but if my butt is aching so bad I want to be off the bike, I get off the bike and it may be a half-hour before I'm ready to do it again so I try to make those food&fuel stops. Stopping that half-hour means I'd have to ride 110 for a half-hour to make it up (and, technically, "Jerk" to get to that speed, which is impossible), and that'd lead to a night in the pokey, like as not. Then I'd have to make up a day and that's even more impossible. So . . . ride your ride, allowing plenty of time to get to wherever then add in a buffer, just in case. (Now, the truth: I NEVER get anyplace "on time.") :lol2:

Last edited:
Car time - doesn't account for the greater number of fuel and pit stops for bikes.

True. I figure the 10 or more is about it.
Either way, its more than I've put down in one shot yet.

Attachments

• 2936c77b528ef9f9c4c3a434b1611de2.jpg
    2936c77b528ef9f9c4c3a434b1611de2.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 13
  • 64f665f0fa716ffa4b5f5e8046a7ebab.jpg
    64f665f0fa716ffa4b5f5e8046a7ebab.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 13
  • 9946d6268b03980ae5038b933b3a4217.jpg
    9946d6268b03980ae5038b933b3a4217.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 11
RTB6 was a hoot! Thanks to the Dody, family and crew for putting up a great show.

Here are some pics and videos:

I think James is enjoying this!
IMG_5393s_zpsvxls3hkd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

J-MKM, I had a great time riding with you. Thanks again for getting my bike off me on Arkysaw Hill.

Thanks Dody and crew for a perfect weekend ( well except for the black mud ). Well done. A special thanks to Mrs. Dody. The cobbler was exceptional.

Sorry I could not jump in this year, but I look forward to next! I am always game to sling some egg and sausage in the morning!
Congratulations to the whole team for pulling off another RTB!

PS - My 2010 RTB shirt is about wore out.....if you have any stashed would be cool to snag one next year!

Back