• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Chores are done and weather was perfect this morning for a ride. I took the dirt backroads to Poth and got a fajita taco just after the breakfast crowd and before the lunch crowd. Had I not eaten there before, I might have worried that the waitress/cook/cashier and I were the only 2 people in the building. Homemade tortillas and tender fajitas are a good thing.

So headed over to the community of Dewees where there was road construction on FM541. I turned north and then took the first dirt road I found which was less than 2 miles away. found some enjoyable roads like this

Loose gravel can get pretty interesting on the freshly graded parts. The roads made big connecting squares around the farms and ranches.

From gravel to dirt to pretty loose sand kept my attention level up. Found a very interesting metal bridge. Most are grates but this was basically a pipe cattle guard over a creek. I bet it’s slippery when wet, and no side rails!

I made it over to Pleasanton for fuel then back tracked hitting different roads in the same area. The sky started getting darker so with no rain gear I headed for the house.

I did have to stop and take one more photo. Appears this rancher knows someone at TXDOT. This guard rail fence goes on into the brush farther than I could see. Good to have friends.

All in all a great 130 mile day on the bike. I’ll have to get aspr to come along with his gps so we can make a ride route to post for the dirt riders.
Where did you eat?

Short spin out..50 miles added to the odo. Had to go by work to schedule a couple things so decided to ride. Gave me a chance to test out the new Fieldsheer pants I got from Charrito this week. I dressed up...overdressed rather. UnderArmor tights, FS pants, UA running long sleeve and UA drifit short sleeve (what?....they had a an awesome First Responder discount 😁)...Forma Lowboots, XD4. Icon Tuscadero jacket, joe rocket basic armored gloves and some workout socks. Memories from last weekend's FreezyWindFest in Kerrville still lingered in my head. Not today, Satan, not today.

I made my coworkers jealous at work for a while while I got my stuff done. "Who's bike is that?!" and "Whoa didn't recognize you in those clothes!"... 😏

This combo of clothing was great while moving the road >45mph in beautiful TX spring weather in the high 60s low 70s. Other than that, I cooked. Inside the bldg at work - hot. Stopped on the side of road to take pics- hot. Filling up at the gas station - hot. So... know I have a marker for gear, especially these new riding pants. The helmet vents great, got to open up the front and feel the flow. Not even all of them open either, just the chin/ mouth/ whisker vents.

I got a photo for the Scavenger hunt, with wildflowers. Figured they'll be mowed soon so get them now. But I didn't stop for any new tag item. I ran out of gas to heading back lol Least I had reserve. This thing does not joke. Rolled to a stop in the ditch, flipped to Reserve and was on my way. I decided to forego the ride out to the lake and head home after the gas stop. It was noontime and drivers get hangry. Plus I was hot.

Anyway, nice little ride. Time for me to get my lunch.

Attachments

• shortspin20190408.jpg
    shortspin20190408.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 254
I’ve been having too much fun on the 701 that I’ve neglected the beemer lately. Figured I’d take her out today so we headed for the coast. Great back roads and luckily very very light traffic. Rode through Rockport and it’s really looking better since Harvey. Even got a few new businesses popping up. My neighborhood community pier is slowly being rebuilt so maybe I’ll be fishing this summer. The water was exceptionally clean, calm, and blue. I guess from the rain yesterday?

My bike rewarded me for not riding her by refusing to start when I stopped for gas. Luckily I had my jump box. With the extra juice she fired right up and we continued our journey without issues. Just a good day to be out riding.

I’ve been having too much fun on the 701 that I’ve neglected the beemer lately. Figured I’d take her out today so we headed for the coast. Great back roads and luckily very very light traffic. Rode through Rockport and it’s really looking better since Harvey. Even got a few new businesses popping up. My neighborhood community pier is slowly being rebuilt so maybe I’ll be fishing this summer. The water was exceptionally clean, calm, and blue. I guess from the rain yesterday?

My bike rewarded me for not riding her by refusing to start when I stopped for gas. Luckily I had my jump box. With the extra juice she fired right up and we continued our journey without issues. Just a good day to be out riding.
Like the bumper sticker goes, when i took off for San Antonio this morning , "I'd rather be riding" . It was a perfect day for sure.

That pier better be rebuilt by summer!

My kiddo likes to fish.

Found a bus stop at the Seiler Ranch.
9cb1a3396aef5ef6f5eb7910968b37bd.jpg

Like the bumper sticker goes, when i took off for San Antonio this morning , "I'd rather be riding" . It was a perfect day for sure.
That it was. Had a guy roll his windows down at a stoplight close to home and holler, "You're braver than I (re traffic), but stay safe and enjoy, it's a nice day!". Waved to him my thanks, friendly dude.

I rolled next to a harley girl on my strom in Kerrville the other day. Of course very low and very high bikes compared to to each other and I gave room since she was ahead of me and creeped alongside with my visor up and we both immediately knew we were the rare breed on the road with quick nice words spoken. She continued on the usual slow harley cruise fashion and I had to launch as usual.
LOOK LIKE THIS
m37Uzfv.jpg

BUT FEEL LIKE THIS
12-reasons-to-ride-a-motorcycle.jpg

Went to breakfast this morning at one of our favorites. Nice day :sun:

Well , did knock out another 200 plus miles on Suzy da Bandit in my quest to turn over that 100,000 miles on the ometer. Surprised my shoulder hung in there as it's generally the " That enough for the day " gauge.
The on the road pic is a near futile attempt to save a blown out pic due to the dial on the G16 getting moved while taking the camera in and out of the tank bag while on the go.

Attachments

• 04102019 Bandit 1-3.jpg
    04102019 Bandit 1-3.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 257
  • 04102019 Suzy.jpg
    04102019 Suzy.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 227
Left the house at 07:30 and rode dirt roads through Poth. Turned north at Dewees and then more dirt until I got to Coughran and met up with Stromxtc. He took the lead and we did the south of hwy90 lone star loop. Great scenery and somehow we ended up in D’Hanis. Then slabbed it back to Castroville and ate at a very good and very relaxed cafe with outdoor dining. ( Castroville Cafe ).

1BA421B7-BA3D-4F5F-B774-B5C920D5564E.jpeg

Then we headed back to Dunlay and found a great road to Devine. I promised Stromxtc that I wouldn’t say anything about him stopping to adjust his gps just before the railroad tracks. We may or may not have ended up stuck by a slow passing train for 15 or so minutes.

We then did the loop in reverse before splitting up in Pleasanton. A perfect day to be out on the bike. 274 miles for me and I think Stromxtc made it home with 295. He also took more pictures so hope he posts.

Left the house at 07:30 and rode dirt roads through Poth. Turned north at Dewees and then more dirt until I got to Coughran and met up with Stromxtc. He took the lead and we did the south of hwy90 lone star loop. Great scenery and somehow we ended up in D’Hanis. Then slabbed it back to Castroville and ate at a very good and very relaxed cafe with outdoor dining. ( Castroville Cafe ).

1BA421B7-BA3D-4F5F-B774-B5C920D5564E.jpeg

Then we headed back to Dunlay and found a great road to Devine. I promised Stromxtc that I wouldn’t say anything about him stopping to adjust his gps just before the railroad tracks. We may or may not have ended up stuck by a slow passing train for 15 or so minutes.

We then did the loop in reverse before splitting up in Pleasanton. A perfect day to be out on the bike. 274 miles for me and I think Stromxtc made it home with 295. He also took more pictures so hope he posts.
Yall missed the best part!

8 am launch

met southtex at Coughran, TX. (said to be pronounced "corn", really?). to meet at 9am. we both tried to show up early (15min) and actually arrived at the overpass simultaneously (like a hole in one, it happens). went thru plesantanton and got gas at the HEB. took the lone star loop and found a few nice unpaved roads as below.

king ranch enterprises sod farm near Anchorage, Texas.

"Wheres the Dirt", sorry, done been paved. Try another 100 miles west.

Medina County south of D'hanis, TX.

D'hanis ,TX., highway 90 232010232011

Town Square in Castroville, TX. where we had lunch right before noon.

232015 Castroville Cafe.232016

The horses

Unfortunately, a rat got into my plate before I could give a proper presentation pic. Cabbage roles and blue cheese salad. Good Stuff! Castroville Cafe.

Destroying a fried fish sandwich. Gums chomping, soup slirpin, pepper flying, stay out of the boys way when the feed bag comes out.

Bricks from the name sake foundry west of Hondo, TX

THATS ALL FOLKS !

Last edited:
8 am launch

met southtex at Coughran, TX. (said to be pronounced "corn", really?). to meet at 9am. we both tried to show up early (15min) and actually arrived at the overpass simultaneously (like a hole in one, it happens). went thru plesantanton and got gas at the HEB. took the lone star loop and found a few nice unpaved roads as below.

king ranch enterprises sod farm near Anchorage, Texas.

"Wheres the Dirt", sorry, done been paved. Try another 100 miles west.

Medina County south of D'hanis, TX.

D'hanis ,TX., highway 90 232010232011

Town Square in Castroville, TX. where we had lunch right before noon.

232015 Castroville Cafe.232016

The horses

Unfortunately, a rat got into my plate before I could give a proper presentation pic. Cabbage roles and blue cheese salad. Good Stuff! Castroville Cafe.

Destroying a fried fish sandwich. Gums chomping, soup slirpin, pepper flying, stay out of the boys way when the feed bag comes out.

Bricks from the name sake foundry west of Hondo, TX

THATS ALL FOLKS !
I heard all about the lack of dirt

I told him Thursday that the best part starts when you pass over hwy 90

Back