• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi, My Name Is Squeaky...

samp18.JPG

Looking good Squeaky :clap: I'm glad you made it out.

I'll admit, I was impressed at how well you manhandled the tractor...like and old pro!!!

Ladies and Gents, Dr. Gonzo - my instructor extroadinaire! He's not a real doctor, but he's seen one on TV!

:welcome: DG

Sounds like a busy day with the ladies. :thumb:

Thank you...thank you...First and foremost I would like to thank my mom and dad...opps...wrong site...my bad...:mrgreen:

I had a blast...what better way to spend the day...surrounded by a bunch of ladies wearing leather and riding bikes...opps wrong site again...I keed of course.

The ladies did a fantastic job...you guys, sorry ladies deserve a round of appluads :clap: looking forward to part deux!!!

...looking forward to part deux!!!

I'm hoping to convince a few more on here to join in on the next one, after seeing how great it was to be out there today without (sorry fellas) all that testosterone to deal with. The biggest difference it made for me to be ladies only was the VERY courteous passing. I got passed by some, and I passed others (stop laughing, it really happened). Every time it was wide open and without scaring anyone.

Pit area. The area to the left also looks "off" because you exit the track right before the start of that turn, then ride outside the turn to the hot pit and then through the fence to the pit.

...and I'm addicted to track. :cool2:

I also left some metal behind... some from my pegs and some from my center stand. I was hanging off the bike already each time it happened. At first I stiffened up the rear suspension to 1/2 turn from full, but I was still dragging hard parts. The peg (already sans feeler) was digging in hard enough to upset the bike and wobble me through already-tight turns.
A bit 'unsettling' isn't it? :trust:

I suspect, or wonder, if I'll have to remove the centerstand from Whee when I do track. Guess I'll find out.

Squeaky, maybe we should put little lanyards on all your bike parts and hang them around your neck. Maybe you won't lose them. ;)

After I get some track time under me (soon), maybe we can go for a round together. :flip:

Okay, that's IT! I'm GOING next time!! You with me, TxShadow? Maybe we could even prep our bikes before hand and (gasp) trailer down? Plead some floorspace at Squeaks for the weekend?

It would ROCK!

Before they paired us off with instructors, I asked if any had motard experience since I assumed it would more easily relate to the Strom. As it turns out, I ride it more like a sport bike than a motard anyway. :ponder:

The only issue we had was that when Alonzo (Dr Gonzo) was showing me better positioning, he pulled me off to the left side and told me that's where my upper body needed to be - and then I told him I couldn't reach the throttle! :shrug:

He said I was getting over on my lower body nicely but that I was dropping my inside shoulder. (This is something I learned to do on the street to relax on tight intersection turns) In order to "open up" my shoulders the way he wanted, I'd need a sport bike. I still tried to work on opening up my shoulders to the turns as far as I could. In that last pic I can see my shoulder dropping in.

Suit too tight in the chest?

Okay, that's IT! I'm GOING next time!! You with me, TxShadow?

Don't forget Melanie (Whiskeygirl) - I think we talked her into a girly track day last Tuesday night at the M&G...

Okay, that's IT! I'm GOING next time!! You with me, TxShadow? Maybe we could even prep our bikes before hand and (gasp) trailer down? Plead some floorspace at Squeaks for the weekend?

It would ROCK!

I'll go. You will need one cruiser out there to balance out the field. (Do they make leathers big enough for me? :shrug: )

A bit 'unsettling' isn't it? :trust:

I suspect, or wonder, if I'll have to remove the centerstand from Whee when I do track. Guess I'll find out.

I've scraped peg on the street and more peg on the track (mostly the horseshoe at TWS) but I've never seen/felt/been told about the CS until now. It might be because TWS has more hard right turns and MSRH had more lefts - I suspect that the pedal to deploy the stand hangs down farther on the left than any of the operating parts on the right.

I'd already removed the peg feelers on both sides, since they tend to "grab" at the ground more. The pegs themselves are a bit smoother to drag. I'd say leave the stand and learn to get off the bike more. After feeling it a few times in the diamond's edge (combination of 2 tight turns on theback half of the course) I might have slowed down there or I might have been sucessful getting farther off the bike because the dragging all but stopped.

How'd you like that track?

VERY technical compared to TWS. For those of you that haven't already, you MUST try it at least once if you're into riding on the track. Thing is, a blown line at TWS is just ugly but at MSRH a blown line is a 50/50 shot you'll be riding into the grass/dirt. I did it a few times but because I was going slow enough, I managed to reel it in before I completely fixated and ran off.

I've got an extra bed and two couches - y'all can flip a coin however you'd like. OF COURSE y'all are welcome here! My house is less than 45 minutes from this particular track (an hour and a half to TWS from me if we do one there) and prepping the bikes before you get there is always much easier than having to rush through it.

The hard part would be calming down enough so we can actually get some sleep the night before! :lol2:

My name is "Squeaky", and I have a habit. :trust:

Yeah, hence the title and first line of the thread! :cool2:

Suit too tight in the chest?

No, but I'll take that as a compliment. :kiss:
The suit was bought used off a CMRA racer guy, so it's not made for the 'shape' of a woman. I have plenty of room in the belly and shoulders, but they're tight in the hip & thigh. It's Ok with me cuz they're not so tight I can't move around in them and the price was too good to pass up. They're perforated so I'm comfortable once we get moving.

Don't forget Melanie (Whiskeygirl) - I think we talked her into a girly track day last Tuesday night at the M&G...

She is in (according to Biwwy) and she's excited about it!

So - do y'all want to wait for the next ladies only day, a newbie-only day mixed with the men, or just do a "regular" track day? Which track?

Ladies, Ladies - I'm no small thing either!
They make leathers to fit you, yes. They make leathers to fit anyone.

Here's the deal - RideSmart and LoneStar trackday organizations allow the use of Cortech/Cordura on the track, but they don't run at MSRH. Buck's days at this track require leather.

So - decisions to be made.

Great pics Squeaky! You are motivating me to get my beast on the track when I get home.

Yeah, she's actually pretty excited about doing one now. But for her I really think the all girls track day would be best. She gets very, very nervous about things that she's never done before so I think if it was just all girls she would end up feeling much less pressure.

Mel already has leathers but they aren't perforated, so we'd have to wait till fall to do one. But either down in Houston or up here towards the DFW area is just fine. We'd just prep her bike and then put it in the back of the truck or trailer and head to wherever.

:thumb: Form looks good and that's definitely a great shot but reading that you are dragging hard parts with those tires scare me!

Back