• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What road is this?

STCPO

Reaction score
This photo was one of the front page images today. Where is this road?

FP09-48.jpg

Cheers,
Pete

I would also like to know - betcha it ain't near Houston.

The rider in the picture needs to lean a bit into the curve. :rider:

thats the road to the Port Aransas ferry!! :lol2:

probably safe to say it is in north east Arkansas. where Texas riders go to crash.

I'm 99% sure that's our own Tourmeister. He'll be along shortly to let you know where the road is.

Road condition is way too good to be in MO . I'm too lazy to look at the map but my guess is the road between Oark and Clarksville . SEYA

:tab Yeah, it is MO 125. I think that particular stretch is North of US 160 and South of MO 76. The whole road is awesome. It is also AR 125 when you cross into Arkansas and runs South from the ferry across Bull Shoals Lake down to Hwy 14.

:tab Missouri actually has VERY good roads. Even many of their little lettered county roads are excellent. Pretty much every single road in the area around Ava (North of where that pic was taken) is really good. The stretch of MO 95 between US 160 and MO 5 is fantastic, like a roller coaster. The section between MO 5 and US 60 is also really good. Hwy 14 from Sparta (at MO 125) all the way over to Siloam Springs near US 63 is really nice. MO 76 is good too. US 160 is fun, but can have a lot of traffic because it is near the lake and also is a main East/West artery out of Branson.

:tab If you get over on the West side of Branson, MO 76 through the Mark Twain National Forest over to Cassville is great. Best of all though is MO 90, between Washburn and Noel. It runs East/West right down in the very SW corner of the state. Extremely twisty, lots of fast elevation changes, great pavement, and usually little traffic.

When I rode that section of MO 125, it was a monsoon - didn't look anything like the pucture in this thread. :rofl:

Thanks Scott, I'm planning to do more road trips to see her this year, so this will give me some excuses to explore those roads.

Cheers,
Pete

I took the back roads through Ark and Missouri of the way home from Tex and was impressed. Same for E. OK.:rider:

Dang! I can't believe she is that old already :doh:

Where is her school?

We are getting old Scott :( she is in her third year at the University of Missouri in Columbia. Watch out...yours will be heading out the door too before ya know it. Enjoy it while you can.

Pete

A curvy-banking road. Sure would be a huge disappointment if that was the only curve spot. LOL

A curvy-banking road. Sure would be a huge disappointment if that was the only curve spot. LOL

:tab It is actually quite long. There are a few short straight spots, but for the most part it follows a winding ridge line for mile after mile. I have had people get a little motion sick riding it because the horizon flips back and forth so fast for so long. From the South end in Arkansas at AR 14 up to the North end in Missouri at MO 14, it is about 65 miles. Also, MO H is a lot of fun. It runs North/South just to the West of 125. It hits 125 South of Chadwick and then runs down to US 160, about 17 miles long and usually very little traffic. It makes a nice loop if you then head East on US 160 back to MO 125.

:tab Hwy 76 and 90 over West of Branson are even better. Find Cape Fair on MO 76, just West of Branson. Then run from there to Mineral Spring at MO 86 and head South to MO F at Mano and head West to Roaring River State Park and pick up MO 112. Run that West over to Seligman and hit MO 37. Head North to Washburn and take MO 90 West all the way to Noel. 90 miles of motorcycling bliss! You really just have to ride it to appreciate it. If you are on a dual sport, there are TONS of great little roads on both the North and South sides of MO 90.

so is this picture copyrighted? :doh:

If I understand the copyrighting rules correctly, (not likely), Tourmeister owns the copyright to the pic.

As for the road itself....

It is simply the awesomest motorcycling road I've been on. and that's including the Dragon and surrounding goodness. Just full-on back to back left-right, full-lean, peg-dragging fun. One of maybe only two or three roads I've actually shouted "whoo-hoo!!" while riding. TM and I blasted it back and forth a couple times on the incorrectly named "fall colors" tour a couple (or more) years ago.

There were some fall colors on that tour! :-P

DSC04413.jpg

DSC04415.jpg

This was a fun road too! AR 341, Push Mountain Rd.
DSC04393.jpg

More of MO 125 from a previous trip - miles and miles of this... and this is actually a relatively level section...
DSC00961.jpg

Here's another I like, I am pretty sure this is MO 76 West of Cape Fair
DSC00478.jpg

and this is the same road but in the Mark Twain NF - Literally miles of this without any straight sections at all :rider:
DSC00477.jpg

:tab I used to get up to that area 3-4 times every year for a four day weekend. Since having kids, that has all but stopped. The last few years I have managed maybe 1-2 trips there each year, but they have been dualsport rides.

Back