• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

• Thread starter Thread starter Jarrett
  • Start date Start date
There is definitely an old timer versus recent arrival sort of division out there. I guess that's kind of everywhere to a certain extent. I don't know how long you have to live here to be a "local."
It's no different from where I live in the summers. We are referred to as "Flatlanders" and I don't know how long you have to live up there before you're accepted as not-a-flatlander. But I can certainly understand the feeling; the population was around 3,000 when I first started going up there and now it's 12,000+. There are families currently living up there that can trace their lineage back to the founding families in 1870.

We've already wandered pretty far off topic so what's a few more feet?

On my rural routes, I often go into the same places 2-3 times a week. I've found that it can take about a year to get to where I'm acknowledged and treated as a fellow human. Right about the time we know each other's names-- I change routes :doh:

Ok, since we are off topic and going down an interesting road, I started a new thread along that road.

We've already wandered pretty far off topic so what's a few more feet?

On my rural routes, I often go into the same places 2-3 times a week. I've found that it can take about a year to get to where I'm acknowledged and treated as a fellow human. Right about the time we know each other's names-- I change routes :doh:
It's not difficult for you Gina 🙂, but I always try to remember to keep a smile on my face. Usually works and convinces others that I'm not a mass murderer and helps my attitude as well.

Just remembered that txmotofoto.com caught me coming out of Leakey recently:

1634578597056.png

Back