• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2020 Honda CT125

Man, I love my CT90, but carburetor, points, etc vs electronic ignition and fuel injection plus 125cc....

That’s awesome. I’ve wanted some kind of neighborhood runabout for a long time, and this would do that very well. Unfortunately I’d never spend the money for it.

Somewhere I saw mention of $3999 and that, to my mind, would be ~$1500 too much.
looks like Honda is getting some use out of the 125 motor...
If it is $4000, that will be a hard sale IMO.

If Honda is introducing the bike in Tokyo on October 23, there is no way anyone has heard or read about pricing. It would be speculating at this point. As a reference, the Super Cub is $3,599.

5F36&ig_cache_key=MjE0MTk0MTUyNDc3NzIwOTQ5MA%3D%3D.jpg

0F79&ig_cache_key=MjE0MTk0MTUyNDc4NTU1NTYwNg%3D%3D.jpg

I don't know, maybe find one used after some time. I'm kind of enjoying the whole tiddler thing.

gore-tx, thinking of owning one for six months? :trust:

We are counting on you.

looks like Honda is getting some use out of the 125 motor...
If it is $4000, that will be a hard sale IMO.
4K is too much for me. Think of what sweet used bike that you can get for that? Now for $2500 maybe 3K it might be a little tempting. Especially if you need to finance. Neat bike don't get me wrong I have always wanted one of the older ones but they are still selling for a pretty penny. I had to settle on a XL80S so far.

If Honda is introducing the bike in Tokyo on October 23, there is no way anyone has heard or read about pricing. It would be speculating at this point. As a reference, the Super Cub is $3,599.

Found it, and you're correct about $3999 being speculation, as in Honda asking dealers to speculate how many CT125s they thought they could sell at that price point, and other slightly lower ones. No clue how the dealers responded.

LINKY

Found it, and you're correct about $3999 being speculation, as in Honda asking dealers to speculate how many CT125s they thought they could sell at that price point, and other slightly lower ones. No clue how the dealers responded.

LINKY
To be appearing on the back of motor homes soon.:deal: I like all the new technology but 4 K is seems awful high to me. Maybe they are playing on old Honda memories of days gone by? I will wait to get a used one down the road for 2 K that someone did not use like they thought they would.

I sooo wanted this original CT125, but I think this new CT125 would be perfect to add to my Honda Collection. I thought I wanted to buy a Monkey125 and my wife was even agreeable to it, but now I'm smitten with the Hunter Cub.

This seems to just be an updated version of the original, vs the new Monkey being a Monkey in name only

Hope the frame is not what it looks like. Hollow pressed sheet metal, maybe two pieced. Remember the ones of yesteryears? Rusted from inside out, and outside in.
I do like the looks, but wouldn't buy one. Campus putt.

Why Honda didn't bring over the Cross Cub from Japan with the new Super Cub is beyond me. You can actually still by re-manufactured retired postie bikes from Australia at Honda dealers in Japan. They were about 3300 US when I was there 4 years ago. If I had the coin I would have brought one back with me.

Hope the frame is not what it looks like. Hollow pressed sheet metal, maybe two pieced. Remember the ones of yesteryears? Rusted from inside out, and outside in.
I do like the looks, but wouldn't buy one. Campus putt.

I'm fairly active on several CT90/CT110 forums, and I haven't seen anyone post a CT that has rusted like that. I've got a '70 CT90 that doesn't have rust like that.

Why Honda didn't bring over the Cross Cub from Japan with the new Super Cub is beyond me. You can actually still by re-manufactured retired postie bikes from Australia at Honda dealers in Japan. They were about 3300 US when I was there 4 years ago. If I had the coin I would have brought one back with me.

If memory serves correct, the Cross Cub has a 110cc motor, not the 125cc like the Super Cub/Monkey. Why Honda didn't fit the 125 into the Cross Cub, modify it to make it legal and bring it over? 'Supposedly', Honda Japan wasn't too sure how the Monkey/Super Cub would sell in the U.S. Since it has done well, it would make sense that they would release another 'legacy' model, the CT series.

Back