• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bastrop, Tx Trail Ride 1/22/11

HuskyRideCTOR1.jpg

I could swear that bike looked different yesterday morning...

:doh:. Tom it would look a lot better if your feet were on the pegs though :-P
Yeah, I don't know what's the matter with me lately. I've developed this bad habit of sitting down and putting my feet down when I know better!! :shrug: :argh:

However, it does look nice to have the front end off the ground. :lol2:

Yes as everyone else has said, thanks to Joel for putting this together. Good times. Now.... Vimeo users, how the heck do I get videos embedded? I used the direct link, and both embed codes with no luck. It works fine on RDS. Thanks...Jeff

If you clck the "quote" button on somebody's post that has done it, you can see what the format looks like. Then just cancel instead of actually posting the Quoted message.

Hey Joel, Next time do you think we could park our trucks (for those of us who trailer) at the trail head?

OK. I live in New Braunfels. I have ridden part of the Bastrop area but stayed away from some of the places you rode because they looked like Private land. When are you going to do this again?

Thanks for the response.

Sounds good to me. I am usually off on Fridays so maybe that will work. Are you retired? Is that why you can ride during the week?

Phil

Yup I saw it. I am some what familar with Cloud Croft. My wife and I went there on the Gold wing in 07. That June the forest was closed because of possible fire damage. It look great though.

Not trying to change the subject but, how much does your bike weigh?

I am thinking of putting the KLR on a diet and would like a target weight to aim for.

BTW what is sorta retired? Just curious

Wow I thought 300 would be a good target weight. A different atnk and lose the luggage rack out back would get me close to 300 I think.

That Cloud Croft ride looks good yet my wife will not be able to get of then.

Oh well maybe next year.

That place in Basrtop is it a vacant area? I saw nothing but trees in those videos. We have those undeveloped areas around here yet very few with any kind of trees.

That rim trail has intersted me for several years now. been trying to talk my middle child into hiking it with me. have not convinved him yet.

As far as tis friday I will keep in touch. Not sure of the work thing yet.

phil

I will be out at the Bastrop trails Saturday morning around 8 or so if anyone wants to putt around. If ya'll head out on a Friday, give me a shout and I'll try to show.

BastropJoel, long time no see! I'm taking the big horse to the BMW Texas National Rally in Llano on Saturday. Can't decide if I should make it a day trip or not. If I do, then I might be able to meet you there for some Friday riding.

The past few weekends have been riding all over the area. I'm starting to miss the home turf.

How's the thumb?

m

85% but good enough. It's good to get back out there. I'll post up or call you if I get free on Friday. It would be a good idea to not hold your breath, though.

Sat am I'm there for sure.

Back