• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bought a Buell Ulysses

08 motor is much improved over 06-07 because of new oiling system and bigger oil cooler.
Really helps keep the oil from getting to hot and seeping out of rocker covers, tubes, ect.
Congratulations on your new bike. the more you ride it the more you will like it...
Do not worry about them paying to much for your trade. They will make it up on the next guy...

Congrats on the Uly! I've got an 06 that I bought new and have really enjoyed it. It's a lot of fun to ride. I wouldn't mess with the suspension by lowering it if you can help it, the great suspension is the best part. I've got a 30" inseam and can't flat foot it, I've just gotten used to sliding over a little and putting one foot down. Hasn't caused me a problem in five years.

Mines pretty much bone stock and I just rode it to Alaska and back in three weeks. It did fantastic! I've really enjoyed this bike.

P1010652-L.jpg

I'm vertically challenged too. I do the same thing, slide my butt over and use one leg to flat foot at stops. It's easy because the bike is not top heavy at all. I really like how the weight is distributed. I'm leaving the suspension alone, I plan on putting ROX bar risers (ordered) and a Kaoko throttle lock. It has an XT front fender but thanks to Buellboy I'm going to switch it back to the correct front fender.

Back