• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CAF Museum in Midland - Visit

There's a museum full of Chaparrals? Wish I'd known - those things turned racing on its head back in their day. I think Jim Hall may hold the record for the most outlawed race cars.

And yeah, the hotel price was robbery. Last time I came through, we got a motel for about $40. This time the cheapest room we could find was $90, and when we dallied for a couple of days looking for a better rate, it went up to $117.

Very cool. I've been going to the shows since I was a kid and it was the "Confederate" Air Force. Also, thank Bob for ground prox for me. That's good stuff.

The De Hailland DH-94 moth minor sure looks like a PT-19. Are they one in the same? My dad learned to fly in the PT-19 after returning from WWII.

As themacway stated go see the airsho.

http://www.airsho.org/

I've been a few times, I have family there so i don't have to deal with finding a room. Great show, get to see a lot of WWII vets, good aerial reenactments and of course lots of planes.

The De Hailland DH-94 moth minor sure looks like a PT-19. Are they one in the same? My dad learned to fly in the PT-19 after returning from WWII.

They're pretty similar, but from some pics I found, it looks to me as if the front windscreen if farther back on the De Haviland, and there are differences in the front cowl.

I know the PT-19 is a Fairchild.

There is a caf in San Marcos, not as fancy as midland but they do have some great fighters,and a bomber.

Back