• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CSC RX4 450 adv bike.....anyone seen one?

I was on the site looking at the bikes and though I would not but one, they have very good instructions on how to perform all of the minor and major maintenance's required for the bikes.

I doubt I could ever bring myself to buy a bike so short on power. I am, however, always intrigued by bargains, oddballs, and underdogs. This fits all three categories. Even if I was in that market, I’d have a hard time not paying $1000ish more for a KTM 390 Adventure that’s 100 pounds lighter with slightly more power.
. Power? Who needs it? Everyone one who hits an highway entrance ramp. I really like the KTM 390 too.

My 12.5hp TW200 did fine for 148,000 miles. Even up Pikes Peak. Then hauling medical emergency equipment to the peak of Mount Elbert, the tallest peak in the continental U. S. of A. What more do you need?

Anywho, the 250cc RX3 served well until it was blown off the road by a speeding semi. Smart, too, since it landed on me on concrete at 65mph and could still be ridden. Ever since the crash wet weather kills the engine. Someday I'll have time to fix it up. Excellent suspension, but I don't race off road so the limited travel is plenty because it is well damped, and my toes touch the ground when stopped. Both sides! Good brakes. Seat is the BMW inspired Paris-Dakar style that really sucks. More comfy seat available but more $$$. Even the accessory seat needed a small pillow under an ATV cover to flatten it out, but now, since the little pillow is printed "MY HAPPY PLACE", the bike is quite comfy.

Considering the 450 next. Going to wait a while. The 250 came off the first container and had to have a little tweeking. No biggies. CSC provided excellent support for parts for the initial set up and crash repair. If you spin your own wrenches, you really don't need a dealer because CSC's support is so good.

Been thinking of selling mine... Sat on a waiting list a year, and it's literally the bike shown in the maintenance manual. Thought it'd be a good way to keep miles of my Ducati and Lexi (IS-F and GX-460), but it's just too similar to the Duck - minus the crazy power as folks have mentioned here, though it's honestly plenty for negotiating superslab. Anyone with questions or near Austin and wants a look, lmk! Orange, the most common features including engine guard, aluminum luggage, and she's just broken in. Debating where to list FS as well - not sure CL makes sense for such a "niche" model. Advice on this appreciated as well. Thanks!

The 2021 will now come with tubeless spoked wheels and an updated TFT dash.

If this can be done on a bike for $5000, there's no reason the big players can't offer these features on their mid sized advs as well. A precedent has been set.

I rode, or tried to ride the 250 in this video.
I think CSC forgot to put oil in the suspension.

However the owner rode it from California when he bought it, home to Austin. And recently rode it to Las Cruces, New Mexico and back. And more.

hm. it's 100lb too heavy, but otherwise looks good. But why not get a used CB500x or versys 300 if you want a 100 lb too heavy small displacement adventure bike.

I'm always on the hunt for a replacement for my GS500 with the same (minimal!) adv creds but fuel injection, but this still ain't it. I'm beginning to think fuel injection must weigh 100lb more than carbs.

Back