• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

Got a 2017 250xc jug with head and power valve, Mikuni TMX 38, and stock reed cage w/ intake boot.

Cylinder has 175 hours on it but when I pulled the piston it only had some minimal blow by, still in good shape. Has the exhaust flange crack but I ran the flange brace and never had an issue.

TMX has the slide and float bowl mods. I have a hand full of jets and needles; let me know what size you want to start off with and I’ll put them in.

Price is free if you will use it. If you’re just going to put it in your garage for “just in case” or turn around and throw it on eBay these aren’t your parts.

Figure someone could use them instead of having them sit in my garage and collet them dust.

Attachments

• 47D443B1-4D67-4367-ACDE-C8369D3A8B72.jpeg
    47D443B1-4D67-4367-ACDE-C8369D3A8B72.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 124
  • E606EF8B-FB24-46D5-8013-45F09740D446.jpeg
    E606EF8B-FB24-46D5-8013-45F09740D446.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 17888F38-1FC1-4574-A9A3-546B41165971.jpeg
    17888F38-1FC1-4574-A9A3-546B41165971.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 71F39B70-478C-42D1-8B5E-ABFAFF1FD3C0.jpeg
    71F39B70-478C-42D1-8B5E-ABFAFF1FD3C0.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 115
  • AB351981-9C7B-47E8-A4F7-6BE66A28E22D.jpeg
    AB351981-9C7B-47E8-A4F7-6BE66A28E22D.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 118
Not sure where to post this but thought I would through it out there.

Motorcycle Parts Seller BikeBandit Has Stolen $646,000 of Customers' Money and Disappeared, Says Bankruptcy Trustee
So this saddens me greatly. Robert is a good friend. I’ve bought a couple few bikes from Robert at Veys.
He and his wife Vicky have sponsored myself and many riders in SoCal and Baja.
I hope they can make this right to the extent that at the least everyone gets a refund from Bike Bandit. 🙏

(Bike Bandit) we should have seen this coming -

Was there yesterday on the electric bike. It was a beat down

Reactions: Dao
Added a dual sport kit to the KTM 350 XCF-W. Got it insured and inspected. Next step is to get the actual plates. Tried to schedule a DMV appointment online. According to the website, the next available appointment is Jan 2023!! :eek2:

I may just try to do a walk-in and see what happens. Tax dollars hard at work once again... :thpt:

Added a dual sport kit to the KTM 350 XCF-W.
which kit did you go with ?
any negatives w/ it?

Went to the DMV this morning at 7:00 AM, got in line, waited until they opened, got a number, waited some more and walked out with new plates!! So ready to hit the road and trails. :rider:
which dmv is this that got you in at 7am? the one on airport blvd don't allow walk ins from 7-9am. By 9am, the line at the front door is typically wrapped around the bldg.

which kit did you go with ?
any negatives w/ it?

which dmv is this that got you in at 7am? the one on airport blvd don't allow walk ins from 7-9am. By 9am, the line at the front door is typically wrapped around the bldg.
The previous owner had installed the very basic Sicass street legal kit. No turn signals nor high beam indicator. Rear brake light on the foot pedal only which I left as is. I replaced the left-side switch controller with an Universal Left-Side Handlebar Switch I got on Ebay. Bought Tusk low profile turn signals for the rear and BlyilyB Motorcycle Blinkers Indicator Turn Signals for the front. The previous owner didn't leave me a wiring diagram so I had to figure out what wire went to what and then just add in the turn signals. I also bought 18 AWG Stranded Electrical Wire in a 5 color pack to make it easier in the long run to identify what is what from front to back. Basically a Saturday afternoon's worth of work. I'll road test it soon and let you know but overall, I'm happy with how it turned out. The front turn signals are super flexible and I doubt I'll ever break them without breaking the headlight shroud first. I also only had to wire in a blinker in the rear since the front blink on their own.

I went to the new DMV on 2433 Ridgepoint Dr, Austin, TX 78754. They open at 7:30 but I arrived at 7:00 to stand in line outside. When I got there, there were already about 30 people in front of me. I was on my way home by about 9:00 so it wasn't too bad and the clerk who helped me was really nice.

Did a test ride out to Lago and back. The XFC-W isn't much for the highway with the stock sprocket ratio. I never went above 50 mph to not run the engine too hard. It's been years since I've been out at Lago. Place has changed quite a bit. Most of the trails all look like 4x4 roads and not ATV/Motorcycle trails but still was fun just to putz around a bit before going out to Emma again. Kit held up just fine. I like that I have a master off switch for all the lights and turn signals so you can turn everything off while you're on the trail and then turn it on again when you're about to go out on the street again. Was a nice little morning ride.
Lago-20220814.jpg

Has the regulation changed regarding the blinkers and the kits? For many many years I have been told that blinkers are not required unless they came on the bike as OEM. I never installed any for that reason and also because they can be problematic. Have never had an issue with getting plates yet. But I NEVER use a big city DMV, alwayse go to a small office out in the rural areas. I also always use a small, local insp station. Has the blinker thing changed? Thanks.

Has the regulation changed regarding the blinkers and the kits? For many many years I have been told that blinkers are not required unless they came on the bike as OEM. I never installed any for that reason and also because they can be problematic. Have never had an issue with getting plates yet. But I NEVER use a big city DMV, alwayse go to a small office out in the rural areas. I also always use a small, local insp station. Has the blinker thing changed? Thanks.
You're correct, blinkers are not required unless they came on the bike from the factory as stock. I added them because I like having them but were not needed.

when they rotate the direction around, that 2' ledge at the bottom will turn into 3' from all the noobs (& ME 2) trying to dig themselves on up .
20220910-101158.jpg

Enjoy that 2' drop now while you still can do it w/o killing yourself out here.
Man, i love this place!

Rob...i heard they're making a sign to post up on emma saying....
" DO NOT RIDE if you're not wearing THIS":lol2:
Ai-1-Update-June-22_01.jpg

Rob...i heard they're making a sign to post up on emma saying....
" DO NOT RIDE if you're not wearing THIS":lol2:
Ai-1-Update-June-22_01.jpg
You’re killing me, smalls!

Cuz I’ve never been very deep into those trails, and I need to. I just need to drag the 450 and my sorry **** out there at a time when breaking something won’t interfere with an upcoming race. I’ll probably need a guide, too. Someone with medivac access would be nice…:)

Wednesday's happy hr ....
20220914_193011.jpg

I test rode my buddy's blue & black trials bike (next to 690)...
check out that "MOTOR"....and it HAS a hydro clutch.
The clutch made lofting over obstacles a snap, but it's a little different than clutching on a gas motor.

In the 5 mins I tested his ebike, I gel'd with it right away....did everything perfectly & so easily right off the bat, no learning curve. The 3 power modes, switchable while riding, : green=low, for TRials , blue=med, for TRaiLs, red=hi, for street. feels like 3 bikes in one.
This sweet toy's now on my radar :thumb:(those test rides in the end just gets sooo darn expensive. :angryfire )

Good point Rob!
may as well add....no more *KICK* starting!
On my Beta, where they put the kicker on the left side....
that's one reason why I finally put my LEFT foot down & sold that sucker. :mrgreen:

Wednesday's happy hr ....
20220914_193011.jpg

I test rode my buddy's blue & black trials bike (next to 690)...
check out that "MOTOR"....and it HAS a hydro clutch.
The clutch made lofting over obstacles a snap, but it's a little different than clutching on a gas motor.

In the 5 mins I tested his ebike, I gel'd with it right away....did everything perfectly & so easily right off the bat, no learning curve. The 3 power modes, switchable while riding, : green=low, for TRials , blue=med, for TRaiLs, red=hi, for street. feels like 3 bikes in one.
This sweet toy's now on my radar :thumb:(those test rides in the end just gets sooo darn expensive. :angryfire )
32/1 50/1 80/1 what?

Good point Rob!
may as well add....no more *KICK* starting!
On my Beta, where they put the kicker on the left side....
that's one reason why I finally put my LEFT foot down & sold that sucker. :mrgreen:
I'm in the not popular crowd, but I hope I can afford and still able to ride when electric motorcycles become a viable option for lots of reasons! 2+ hours of maintenance on a Saturday morning one of them, lol.
No clutch
can have a LHRB
holeshot monster with dead engine starts vs ICE
maintenance eliminated for most part, will not miss air filters
no stalling
would think no overheating in tight woods
instant torque
fouled plug, lol

Just need a little more range from battery.

Reactions: Dao
Back