• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

feb 2014 needville pie run reports

Re: PIE RUN II:Need some pie in Needville 2/22

Great pictures Brad. THanks for posting them

Great pictures Brad. THanks for posting them

Second that. Very nice shots.

Day Seven of My Ride Around Texas: Left Port Arthur at 6:45 and made good time getting to Houston given the lite traffic, good freeways and abundant tailwind. The Lynchburg ferry doesn't run before 11am on Saturdays so went around south to get to the Battleship Texas/San Jacinto Monument. Ran on down to Texas City and then over to Freeport where about 14 riders snuck up on me. They were headed to Needville and kindly invited me along but seeing as I was on a schedule I had to decline and headed straight up 36. Rode with them until around Brazoria where they stopped. I got to the The Jay Café parking lot in time for the grader to be running and so had another layer of dust to add to the many already on the bike. Sorry to eat and ride but had 300 miles to go that afternoon and still be home by 6:00pm. I met a rider in Port Lavaca that was headed to Victoria to pick up some bike parts and he offered to ride with me and ended up taking a picture of me closing the loop at FM 35/185. After fighting lots of wind for a good bit of the trip it was nice to finish up with a tailwind all the was back to Austin. Total miles for the day was 500 and total trip miles was 3825.

Battleship Texas
picture.php

Closing the Ride Around Texas loop
picture.php

My newest V-twin friend Jason and his new bike
picture.php

Glad to see your trip was successful, Greg. Nice pix.

My buddy and I were the 2 Yamahas taking the long way home from Needville to Katy :-):-):-)

Ahh. Nice to stalk you, for a mile or so. Did you pull off for gas or to go up that road?

Ahh. Nice to stalk you, for a mile or so. Did you pull off for gas or to go up that road?

We cut across from there to FM 1453 (AKA Racer Road) and took that back through Brookshire and from there back to where I live just off the Westpark Tollway.

Hope your daughter enjoyed her ride.

Shoot, I did not check the TWT forum. I went the other way on 36. Wish I had been aware....and there was even a Guzzi Stelvio there!

Two Stelvios and one Titanium, you could have made it 4 Guzzi's, that virtually a Guzzi rally.:rider:

We didn't get there early enough to mingle, but we found a seat and the food was great. Liked the Jay, the parking lot not so much.

Hope your daughter enjoyed her ride.
Very much so. Couldn't stop the grinning, except for the parking lot. :eek2: Lots of nerves there.
We didn't get there early enough to mingle, but we found a seat and the food was great.
+1
I did the cobbler. Very nice. Daughter did the pie. Friend did a burger. That looked good too.
Liked the Jay, the parking lot not so much.
Agreed. That was an interesting lesson for my daughter that I hadn't planned on. We got to do it again on the way home. Stopped at a rural cemetery to visit my wife's sister on the way home. More pebble, less powder there.

Back