• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Found - WTB- Honda XR 650L Low miles

Re: WTB- Honda XR 650L Low miles

Thanks for the replies. I will have one soon.

Brought the cash, towed the trailer took a test ride. I need more bike than that. Time to rethink my options. Wish Husky had a more certain future. Looking at the KTM 690 now.

Brought the cash, towed the trailer took a test ride. I need more bike than that. Time to rethink my options. Wish Husky had a more certain future. Looking at the KTM 690 now.

Houston Craigslist has a 2013 KTM 690 with 65 miles for 11K phone number is 1-713-447-3510.

A stock XL is rather anemic...that said...you can uncork one and big bore one. My XR650R fired off last night on first kick...If it did that everytime...I would not sell it:rider:

My quest for a dual sport to replace my Husky TE630 has ended. She is a KTM 690 Enduro R. Brought her home tonight.

dammit. i mean, congrats. that's my fantasy bike............

Well..have you terrorized the neighborhood yet???

She definitely has the ability and attitude to be a real hooligan bike, lol. I was waiting till 10:00 to contact a Kansas dealer that had a 2013 model so I spent some time on Search Tempest. I found a 2011 model with <400 miles in Dallas. Did some quick research and liked the idea of a bit longer suspension on the 2011 model. Made a call and an offer. Made the drive and now she is all safe and warm on my garage. I did make it to bike night with her on the trailer. Show room condition bike.

...I found a 2011 model with <400 miles in Dallas...

Great find for a like new bike, decent price too and since you stated made offer probably even less.

Curiously waiting your comparison to the TE630. Originally I was shopping for a used 690 back in 2011 before I came across my new TE. No regrets whatsoever but interested in your review.

Trivia fact that I thought was well known until I rode with two 690 owners recently and neither one knew that one of their bikes was only 654cc. The 690 didn't have a 690cc motor until 2012. Similarily my TE630 is only 600cc. Europeans.. go figure.

_

I knew that about the KTM. They increased the stroke some for an additional 4 hp. 62 to 66. A bike that weighs in around 300 lbs I do not think I will be missing much, lol.

Back