• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda Super Cub C125 - I Bought One!

So bad.
Except I dont want abs, I have no idea why someone would get abs on a scooter. But to each their own.

I would put some sort of knobby tires for riding around the ranch.

Maybe I just want a real cub with a big bore.

Price is alot

I'd take a Monkey Bike instead:
2019_Monkey_600x400_BananaYellow_trans.png

https://powersports.honda.com/2019/monkey.aspx

Like them both but wish the super Cub was clutchless. 125cc is so nice, it would be an upgrade to my CT90. If it was a CT with the big rack and offroad capability, I would buy it today.

Like them both but wish the super Cub was clutchless. 125cc is so nice, it would be an upgrade to my CT90. If it was a CT with the big rack and offroad capability, I would buy it today.

The Super Cub is clutchless... Still has gears though.

I'd love them to release a CT version of the Super Cub, I'd be all over that. I had a Trail 90 and loved it.

They’re kind of cool, but you could get a lot of “real” motorcycle on the used market for that price.

In my world anything with that small of an engine would only be useful for putting around the neighborhood or a quick run to the 7-11 up the street (that I rarely visit).

If I lived in a city, spent time in RV parks, or had a vacation home somewhere I could see one being fun, but as things are I’d rather just buy a used DRZ, KLR, FZ6, Versys, or any number of other motorcycles.

I like both the Monkey and Super Cub; I will wait and see the Cub in person.

I drool over the Monkey everytime I see it.
Either would be a perfect small commuter for me as my ride to work is short.

I have "next motorcycle fever" and these are calling to me. LOL

Girls go crazy for them I hear?

Reminds me of the pre-forum days of USENET. There was a thread in alt.motorcycles where the cruisers were arguing with the sport bike riders of which was a better babe magnet. Finally some guy observed that all the cute chicks were riding Vespas. He was right and it killed the thread.

I'd really like to have a Cub. It's the latest release of the best selling motor vehicle of all time. This is the real adventure bike. Honda makes something like 2.5 million motorcycles each year and this kind of bike is the bulk of them. It's not fancy, or fast, but as basic transportation, it's the winner.

I want this cub, it's a Japanese import. C50. My idiot buddy wants $2500 for it. No title, doesnt run. Rust.
5645bc8a31211547ff54aa7d697cd119.jpg
4ac78d3d8fc4404f4ed6868772176e4b.jpg
ad139ef892aac8935f82aca6eb18238d.jpg

There was a very contentious thread here some years ago with a guy trying to sell a Mexican import Cub claiming it could be registered in the US.

If you like cubs and can't get one, the CT90s and CT110s are still around and many have few miles on them. They lived their lives on the back of big RVs. Lately, scooters have been replacing them on the RVs. There was a CT90 for sale real cheap on TWT last month. Probably still available.

If you like cubs and can't get one, the CT90s and CT110s are still around and many have few miles on them. They lived their lives on the back of big RVs. Lately, scooters have been replacing them on the RVs. There was a CT90 for sale real cheap on TWT last month. Probably still available.
I've seen that nice ct90. For me the cub/passport just checks the box of cool factor

I saw that CT90 and started to call on it. That may my solution to the wife not being able to use the clutch.

I had a yellow/white Honda MT 50 back in 1967. Pure off road, 3 speed, auto-clutch and just a heck of a lot of fun up at our cabin San Juan County, CO

There was a very contentious thread here some years ago with a guy trying to sell a Mexican import Cub claiming it could be registered in the US.

I am the person you are talking about except I never claimed you could register the Super Cub. I bought 2 Super Cub 110 in Mexico and brought them over to Texas in 2014. I rode them for a couple of years and decided to sell them. No one wanted them because they had a Mexican title and Mexican plate. Fine. I ended up selling them back to the dealer I bought them from in Monterrey. One of them is still on display in the shop to this day. They were a unique piece of the motorcycle history.

My first motorsicle was a Honda 50 Cub, red and white. It was in 1962 or'63, I was 10 or 11 yrs. I rode that bike all over the back streets behind my house in Westbury, SW Houston for 2 years, a lot of good memories. :rider: It also had a 3 speed auto- clutch transmission.

I'm not interested in the new Cub 125, no thank you.

Last edited:
I haven't posted here in years but I bought a 125 Super Cub last month and love the little bike.
The question of why anyone would want anti-lock brakes is this. It is front only and mine runs a little over 60MPH. I'm 73 now and I like the added safety feature.
I was after a 125 Trail but when they had them in in the DFW area the shops were asking about $1,000.00 over invoice, etc.
My wife called around and found a 2020 Super Cub in Texarkana with 1,600 miles for about $1,000.00 les than a new one and some folks were looking at it on only the second day they had it on the showroom. We said take my card for the deposit and drove from north of Dallas and back to pick it up.
It looked brand new and perfect. I have not regretted my decision yet and it compliments out two Metropolitans on vacations in state parks, etc. And give us the other bike needed when we have a guest.
It will not replace my other "REAL" bikes but I am supper happy with it.

I stopped at Stubbs Cycles after work today to check out the 2023 Super Cub. I love the new color. They had one on the floor. I asked for the OTD and the sales guy quoted me $6,150. That's $2,000 over MSRP ($3,850) and Honda shipping ($300). I thought they had lost their mind. When I yelled "$6,150?" the sales guy told me they are still hot. I told him they are not the only shop in Houston that has one. His frown back to me was priceless. Never bought a bike from them and from the looks of it, it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Still love the new color though

FjVZtKaWYAE3K-K?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Back