• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda Super Cub C125 - I Bought One!

I stopped at Stubbs Cycles after work today to check out the 2023 Super Cub. I love the new color. They had one on the floor. I asked for the OTD and the sales guy quoted me $6,150. That's $2,000 over MSRP ($3,850) and Honda shipping ($300). I thought they had lost their mind. When I yelled "$6,150?" the sales guy told me they are still hot. I told him they are not the only shop in Houston that has one. His frown back to me was priceless. Never bought a bike from them and from the looks of it, it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Still love the new color though

FjVZtKaWYAE3K-K?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Am I only one who looks at MSRP as the absolute maximum I will pay as an OTD price?

Am I only one who looks at MSRP as the absolute maximum I will pay as an OTD price?
I look at MSRP as the max I'll pay for a bike, but if I buy a smaller one (my CT125 is at the dealer ready to be picked up) I know the profit margins are pretty small. I'll pay actual shipping costs plus actual TTL fees, but I won't pay a "dealer surcharge" at all.

Yep, OTD @MSRP is a fair for me/for you deal. I have to really want a bike to pay more than that. I've done it a few times, but I don't make a habit out of it. I've been pricing an MT09SP. Every quote is nearly 15k otd for a bike that lists at 11.5k. Hard pass. Dealer can take advantage of the next guy that has to have it. Not me though.

Before I sign anything, I look at the price of the unit as a starting point on a buyer's order. It better be at, or below MSRP or I won't even concern myself with any other numbers.

The deal is over.

Nice get! The only Trail 125s I see are used ones going for new prices (or more...)
You can throw a lot of the Grom mod catalog at them, at least engine-wise.

Why do I keep doing this to myself? :lol2:

I was browsing dealerships online this morning and I saw that Cycle Shack had a 2023 Super Cub. I called them and their OTD was a significant $1,200 less than Stubbs. I asked them if they'd be interested in taking my XSR 700 in trade and they said yes. I had a few things to do. I headed out around 2 pm. I got drenched about 7-8 miles away from the dealership (there's always a story when I buy a bike) and showed up soaked. We talked numbers and came to an agreement. The transaction went very smoothly. I only had one thing on my mind: beat the storm. Luck was on my side. I was able to make my way back home rain free. The bike is in my garage with 45 miles on the clock and I have a stupid grin on my face.

First impressions: the new engine from the GROM rocks. The bike feels quite a bit stronger than the Trail 125 I had. It's got a better midrange. Top speed? I got it up to 55 mph, there were a few more mph I could have gotten out of it but the bike is too new. The handlebar is more narrow and lower which suits me well. Seat isn't quite as padded as the Trail 125's but I like the shape better. I just need an orange seat now (from the 2019 model).

I can now go ride with my wife on her PCX. She can ride the Super Cub too. Life is good.

FjqQxn5WYAMHhFo?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

FjqQxn6XgAEc_8c?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Congratulations. Last year during the Scooter Cannonball (10 day scooter event from east to west coast) 2 of the participants were riding Super Cubs, towing trailers.

The bikes did surprisingly well on the event.

They are rock solid bikes if taken care of.

Congratulations. Last year during the Scooter Cannonball (10 day scooter event from east to west coast) 2 of the participants were riding Super Cubs, towing trailers.

The bikes did surprisingly well on the event.

They are rock solid bikes if taken care of.
The Scooter Cannonball would be fun to do but when you live in Texas... You gotta do the trip twice basically. I think organizers said they will allow the Trail 125 for the next one.

DaBinche (well known scooter rider on ADV) completed the Scooter Cannonball in 2021 on his Super Cub. He finished second overall. He rode from the West coast to the start of the Cannonball on the East coast. And then he did the Cannonball and rode home. :rider:

Nice very nice.
Also thought your Trail was a beauty also😁 ...
Carry On
It followed me home. Think I’ll keep it.

CF769537-C5F0-463E-8748-497F650630F4.jpeg
So after Tremendous Peer Pressure...
Pondering this and pondering that, I called the Dealer... They thought it strange I wanted photographic evidence of the condition of the chain😏... More Peer Pressure from a cross post here on chain funk&maintenance...
Screenshot_20210418-092546_Email.jpg

Cut to the rest of the story, on the way in the AM to pick up a CT 125😁...
Nomas #10 this has to be a disease,10 scooters in four years from the original Nomas...🙄
Carry On

Is there a pillion seat option? From photo doesn't appear to have passenger pegs.
The Super Cub (and the Trail) are for solo riders only. Yes there is a kit (seat and pegs) you can purchase from overseas but Honda USA doesn't believe the Super Cub can handle 2 "healthy" Americans. The manual says max payload is 234 pounds for the Super Cub and 265 pounds for the Trail.

Last edited:
The Super Cub (and the Trail) are for solo riders only. Yes there is a kit (seat and pegs) you can purchase from overseas but Honda USA doesn't believe the Super Cub can handle 2 "healthy" Americans. The manual says max payload is 234 pounds for the Super Cub and 265 pounds for the Trail.

So I'm over the super cub's max payload in my birthday suit... great...

The wife and I celebrated the new year by having our first ride. Just about 80 degrees in Houston today. Perfect day for a ride.

Fla2NluXkAA7q2N?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Fla2Nl2XoAEOW-u?format=jpg&name=large.jpg
wow, I had a Bell helmet with a bubble face shield like that back in .... 1974
nice rides.

Back