• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Houston Bike Show 11/12/05

Re: Houston Cycle Show Nov 11-13th

Unfortunately, I can't strap my 11 month old girl to the bike... :-P

Oh boy, and I was once a teamster's organizer at the plant. <ducking bricks> The guy that came down to get us organized (didn't go through, unfortunately, but we got a vote) was from the Houston office. They have some of the chemical plants up there organized and UPS is teamsters, I know for a fact. They're a union, not boot leggers...:rolleyes:

Odd reason for a company not to want to show there bikes, though. I suspect there was more to it than that.

Last edited:
Okay, here are my pics...

Despite a nasty head cold and ear infection, Sarah had a great time!
DSC04455.jpg

DSC04456.jpg

DSC04457.jpg

DSC04458.jpg

DSC04459.jpg

DSC04460.jpg

DSC04461.jpg

DSC04462.jpg

DSC04463.jpg

DSC04464.jpg

DSC04466.jpg

DSC04467.jpg

DSC04468.jpg

DSC04469.jpg

DSC04470.jpg

DSC04471.jpg

DSC04472.jpg

DSC04473.jpg

DSC04474.jpg

DSC04475.jpg

DSC04476.jpg

An OLD Moto-Guzzi
DSC04477.jpg

A few interesting bikes in the parking lot.
DSC04478.jpg

DSC04479.jpg

DSC04480.jpg

When we got there, the lot was pretty well packed with bikes. When we left a LOT of them were already gone. It seems a lot of people got tired of the show pretty quick and left early. The group headed over to Goode Co BBQ up Kirby for some grub and story-telling.
DSC04481.jpg

DSC04482.jpg

DSC04483.jpg

DSC04484.jpg

DSC04485.jpg

DSC04486.jpg

DSC04487.jpg

DSC04488.jpg

:tab Yeah... what kind of Dad am I?? I did not even get the kid's name :oops: He was not real enthused about being on the bike. We should have put him behind her :-P

Tourmeister said:
:tab Yeah... what kind of Dad am I?? I did not even get the kid's name :oops: He was not real enthused about being on the bike. We should have put him behind her :-P
I thought the fathers of girls would give the would-be suitor the full third degree if a boy-type got within a 3-meter radius of her. :shock:

Just like Kurt... :-P

And is Sarah getting the 50cc dirt bike for Christmas? :roll:

(good pics by the way)

I got to the show about 3:30 Saturday. Spent 3 hrs drooling on all the new eye candy. As I lean towards 'quirky', I actually liked Kaw's ZX-14. I also threw a leg over all the 06 jap liter racers and felt most comfortable on the R1. The gixxer and ZX10 are just too aggresive for my long frame. Honda's RR was a close second for fit.
I was expecting more vendor turnout. Hope that improves in the future.

Tourmeister said:
She was smilin' much larger when she was in control, she is not going to be ridin' pillion for no one.:nana: You go girl:lol: She was grinnin' pretty big sittin' in the Ural! That there is a family vehicle, room for a diaper bag too:rofl:

kocook said:
That Sarah is such a doll. You can tell she has a proud pappa and momma, too!
Yes she is. I would give Scott and Beth full credit except that I think divine intervention may have had something to do with the miracle of Sarah. My agnosticism grows weak when I think about small children. Mere biology just can't offer an adequate explanation for where they come from.

Great pictures, Scott! 8-)

whoa said:
$8 to park the car and $12 to get in demotivated me.
I was in Houston on business, so I was in the cage and paid the full $20 to get in. To be honest, it was a good time, but it wasn't necessarily worth $20...especially since the booths were staffed by sales people who weren't so shy about laying on the sales pitch. As a regular attendee of auto shows, I was surprised at this. Auto shows generally prohibit the sales people working the floor from handing out business cards and laying on the pitch at the show.

The parking I can understand, as I think that's dictated by the venue, not the event. But, $12 to get in? Come on.

Tourmeister said:
Okay, here are my pics...

DSC04474.jpg

Great pictures!

This is why I did not bring my kids to the show. Daddy's girls would have me in a Ural inside a week. My oldest daughter loves to ride (she's 9). I don't think she's aware side cars exist, she would have been glued to their exhibit.

I missed everyone at the show by about an hour.:-? Made several return trips to sit on the Sprint. I was smitten! :oops:

Back