• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Husqvarna TE610/630 thread

Rear Husky rack installed today. Nice looking and very functional with strong grab handles on each side. I didn't photo mine before installing my tail bag so I borrowed this pic from another website. Anybody that knows me would know this anyway, windshields and expensive seats are not something I have a need for.
DSC_0038-2.jpg

Here is my rack with removeable Moose tail bag installed. Very nice bag and can be removed in about 10 seconds flat. No worry about theft when around town just grab it and take it with you.
Temp042.jpg

with bag removed.
Temp036.jpg

This should be it for farkles until next year. Nothing else really needed on bike for now. All money will now go for gas and tires, haha Lets ride!

_

_

So far, these are the only two farkles I’ve put on my 630.

The Power Surge tuner is really slick, easy to adjust and programs like you’d adjust the jetting on a carb.

DSC00256.jpg

I still need to learn how to use one of these things.

DSC00264.jpg

I’m know there will be more, but I’m in no rush and researching the next gizmo is part of the fun.

The Power Surge tuner is really slick, easy to adjust and programs like you’d adjust the jetting on a carb.

Does the Power Surge interface with Husky diagnostic system (i.e. can adjust TPS, etc.) or is it an add-on overriding ECU for air/fuel mix only?

Do you still have the stock exhaust? What kind of gains did you get? My plan was to add the Power Surge only when I change to a single exhaust next year.

_

Does the Power Surge interface with Husky diagnostic system (i.e. can adjust TPS, etc.) or is it an add-on overriding ECU for air/fuel mix only?

Do you still have the stock exhaust? What kind of gains did you get? My plan was to add the Power Surge only when I change to a single exhaust next year.
_

The Power Surge goes between the ECU and the injector, it allows you to bias the the amount of fuel up or down going to the engine. The adjustment range mimics that of a carburator and are based on RPM:

first mode is like the pilot-jet/fuel screw bias the idle to 1/16 throttle.
second mode is like the needle clip bias 1/8 to 1/4 throttle.
third mode is like the needle taper bias 3/8 to 5/8 throttle.
fourth mode is like the main jet bias 3/4 to full throttle.

The adjustment range is 1 to 8, with 1/2 step increments, stock is at 3, so there's room to bias down a little and room to bias up alot. Its very easy to adjust with the buttons on the face.

For "Closed Course Competition Only" I run gutted cats and the air-box restrictor removed. I haven't dynoed it, but there was a definite difference in the pull thru the RPM range. I believe there is still more to be gained with some air box mods.

Let the farkling begin.

Installed my Uptite skid plate yesterday. Man that plate is a thing of beauty, but more important it fits perfect, greater protection with the large side wings and is very strong. Sure glad I didn't buy the cheaper brand.
Temp020.jpg

Fork air bleeder valves, replace stock screws. Makes purging air an easy push.
Temp022.jpg

My backordered luggage rack came in and is now in-transit to me.

_

SB did ya need help putting the SKIDPLATE on.? and a stupidvisor for installing
the fork air bleeder valves:rofl:........lonnie...:duck:

SB did ya need help putting the SKIDPLATE on.? and a stupidvisor for installing
the fork air bleeder valves:rofl:........lonnie...:duck:

Yes a second pair of hands is always welcomed. Finally found that missing socket and nutdriver. Somehow I rolled it up with the wrench set, haha

_

One of the SMs was parked next to the Hilton San Francisco where I was staying all last week. They awesome on the flesh.

Here's to trying to keep this thread alive.

Well I didn't plan to buy an exhaust for the 630 until next year. But I found a gonga deal on Ebay. Actually a seller error but they honored it and shipped. $599 FMF Powercore exhaust with two into one mid pipe for $269 shipped. Seller stated $30 off list price with free shipping but actually priced it $330 off. :eek2: too good of a deal for me to pass up. This will reduce my bike's weight by about 15 lbs and take the heat away from my legs. Here's a pic after I cleaned off the ugly FMF logos as I'm not a sticker fan. Not sure when I'll get it on the bike as I threw out my back and currently can't bend over.

Toshiba002.jpg

I also got a quiet insert w/ S/A for it as comes stock with only a S/A screen. Supposed to take it down to 94db. Will gladly give up 2 hp for a 2db sound reduction, I like quiet.

Toshiba001.jpg

_

Looks good. Congrat's on the super deal, hope your back get's better so you can get out and enjoy it.

I'm still waiting for a pic of the ENTIRE bike :-P

I'm still waiting for a pic of the ENTIRE bike :-P

He won't let me see it either. :lol2:

Well then come out this weekend to the EasTex 450 and you'll see it. Here's a preview.

Toshiba012.jpg

On dirt !!!

EasTex 450 is not really my definition of dirt riding though. Single track yet to come but will happen soon now as bike is ready (skid plate, bark busters, knobbies). I'm back in the rider's seat again as my relative has left town. Didn't get a chance to ride any this past month. Man that's hard to do anytime but especially with a new bike in the garage.

New pipe went on last night. Very happy with the fit, finish and sound. Not loud at all, might even be quieter than the stock dual exhaust.

Toshiba015-1.jpg

Now the right rear of bike looks vacant without the second pipe. I'm thinking a good re-purpose might be to mount a Agri-Supply tool tube there. Or later on maybe an auxiliary gas tank.

Toshiba011.jpg

New rear tire not even scrubbed in yet. Will do that on the way to Rusk tomorrow. These are NOS DOT Kenda K778's. I bought from a guy on AdvRider. Got four of them shipped for $220. Can't wait to try it out at SHNF or on the beach. I added a rim lock and put on 2 oz. of spoke weights to balance out the extra weight of the rim lock. Bi-directional, orientated as in photo is for intermediate terrain, reverse for soft terrain.

Toshiba014.jpg

FIM tire so knobs are not very high, limited to 15mm I think. Hope I can get at least 1,500 miles out of it.

Toshiba013.jpg

_

Ohhhh soooo purdy!! :drool:

Thanks. I'm still in the honeymoon stage myself.

More on the FMF Powercore exhaust with quiet insert. I'm extremely happy with it after a long test drive. It is quieter than stock at idle up to just past half throttle. After that it barks a little louder than stock but since easily contolled with your wrist not an issue for me. Gotta love that new pipe smell burning the oils from manufacturing process off. Like getting a new bike all over again.

I took the complete stock exhaust to my office and weighed it on my UPS scale. Weighed in at 21 lbs, complete FMF exhaust weighs only 7 lbs. Wow! 14 lbs reduction in bike weight, sounds better, less heat generated and from on one side only, quieter at idle and slow go (early AM start-up in garage and exit from neighborhood) and looks better to boot. win.win.win.win highly recommended

_

As of yesterday I have had the TE for exactly two months now. Currently at 4,253 miles and not a single issue thus far (knock on wood). At this rate I might rack up 20K miles in my first year. Have had it on single track three times now and it is capable enough under the conditions for a true dual sport. I still find it relatively comfortable on the slab as well (unlike a plated dirt bike) and have logged a few ~500 mile days in the saddle.

Like I said this is a true dual sport not a plated dirt bike. Dual sport being a balanced blend of performance, i.e. dirt/street/weight/horsepower/reliability and service intervals. Perfect compromise of above for the intended riding I bought this bike for.

_

"Like I said this is a true dual sport not a plated dirt bike. Dual sport being a balanced blend of performance, i.e. dirt/street/weight/horsepower/reliability and service intervals. Perfect compromise of above for the intended riding I bought this bike for."

Really? you sure run it through the woods like a dirt bike. :flip:

Looks like up to me to keep this thread alive. So...

5 month update, now with 8,700 miles on the odometer.

Checked the valves again last week and gap hadn't changed at all in 4,400 miles. Added a few more things before leaving for Big Bend. Rox Low Pro risers, Pivot Pegz, Hammerhead shift tip and Safari tank. Now I'm really comfortable standing on the bike and shifting with full boots is much better. Passing by gas stations was the thing I missed most about my DR650, now I even have greater fuel range than the DR at ~250 miles. No ill effects from carrying the extra 22 lbs of gas either, the Safari tank carrys the extra weight lower than the stock tank.

Loaded up and ready for Big Bend. Tent, sleeping bag, cookware, stove, tools, spares, extra gear and food and clothes for 4-5 days. Everything needed except water and gas. Hardly any weight on the tail rack/subframe, 90% of the weight is carried in the rear passenger position.

Temp051.jpg

Dirt riding setup. Background is the abandoned Marsical Mine in Big Bend.

Temp081.jpg

Better photo showing complete bike.

Temp056.jpg

_

How's the headlight, SB? Do you mind riding at night?
Oh and NICE BIKE!! :sun:

How's the headlight, SB? Do you mind riding at night?
Oh and NICE BIKE!! :sun:

Headlight is very good for a stock unit. I rode the last 250 miles to Big Bend in the dark with a tinted shield and still could see ok. Helped that I trailed a semi for about 120 miles though, I used all his reflective tape on the rear to multiple my light beam. I still have the stock bulb in it also. Standard H4 bulb so when it burns out I will replace it with a SilverStar Ultra to get some extra output. I also have a couple 10W LED driving lights I will be mounting soon but mostly for extra daylight visibility, off road use and to light up bambi and other critters on the sides of the road.

_

Quick status update to keep this thread alive.

7 months later my bike hits 5 figures.
10,454 miles as of last Saturday.

Speedo display replaced due to fogging present at dealer when purchased, no issue since.
No other stock parts replaced due to defect or damage.

Still have nearly 5 months of factory warranty remaining!!

•5 oil changes & filter.
•2 valve checks, needed one shim changed at 2,500 miles
•on my 6th rear tire and 3rd front (shreaded a couple of cheap rears fast)
•swapped rear sprocket at 2,500 miles with used steel 45T SM610. Still on stock chain and CS, inspected recently and all fine. No visible wear whatsoever so should last another 5-8K miles.
•plenty of gasoline, most of my miles are tracked here. You can click on the link below for the boring details.
91126.png

my motto:
miles = riding = enjoyment = value
Needless to say my TE630 has been a super value thus far. Looking forward to much more.

_

Beautiful bike SB!

I've always been a fan of the BMW XChallenge as it is fully dirt capable but doesn't look like an old tired dirt bike. Since they are so hard to come by now and for insane prices (saw an 07 for 7k!!), I figured I should check out Husky since that's where the BMW backing went.

I just started reading up on the 610 and 630 models. Was there any reason you went for the 630 over the 610? I know you mentioned you don't care about the seat, but how does it feel compared to your old DR? I've read the DR is a joke for comfort and the XChallenge wasn't much better.

Lastly, seeing that you went up north to acquire, have you had much interaction with Husky dealers here in TX? Good experiences and parts distribution that you can speak to?

Back