• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

JT Rides Again

Just "discovered" this thread/RR and . . . . .
:clap::hail::clap::hail::clap::hail:

... This is now on my shortlist of future rides. ...

Yep, mine, too! I'll be thinking seriously about heading South and a little bit West instead of West and a little bit South when I get back from Cali/Sonora/Cali next month - or, actually, I'll be thinking about it when I pass thru Beautiful Downtown Kent on the way back (along with the really, really cold beer you used to be able to get at the Mercantile there).

Before 911 they routinely didn't check anyone. ... I have wanted to get a passport card but to do so you will be without your passport for 4-6 weeks and I don't want an Int'l trip to pop up and have to miss it due to no passport. Next renewal I'll definitely pay the extra fee for one. ... _

I had to break down - I was generally PO'd (/P'dO (?)) at the idea of having to have a Passport to get home when I didn't need one to leave - dang overreaction & shotgun approach to 9/11 by the Washington Weenies! - and get a P'port to go to Ensenada for the BJ500 and, per what I read on the State Department website, expected 30days or more to get one, even with the "Expedite" fee.

Actual time, application to receipt => 9 days.

I don't know if it depends on which Passport Office you go to, but The Guy at the Main PO in Tyler flat knows what he's doing, and should, having been there, IIRC, 32yrs. He's also a funny dude who enjoys his work and makes sure that his customers do, too.

*** See new thread re passports & such in Ride/Trip Planning Info. I was about to clutter this thread up but thought better before hitting POST. LINKY to thread ***

I just got back from 9 days in Big Bend Friday night and I finally have time to post. Thank you Richard for the great ride report and thanks to everyone else for the comments. As Richard said, this makes for a great day ride into Mexico and I know I will go back asap. If anyone wants the gps tracks, pm me your email address and I'll send them out as soon as I clean up the missed turns, etc.

:chug:

I'll be hollerin' in May, Tank Ewe Berry Mush.

Back