• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

July 06 Pie Run, Hutto, TX

Tourmeister said:
:rofl:

That could be ANY bathroom... Can anyone vouch for that men's room?

There was no Men's room. It was a one reading room for everyone. It was kind of like going to a family reunion at Grandma's house

Uhhh....there was a mens and a womens room on the restaraunt side

I'll vouch for oldbmw. I used the Men's room on the restuarant side.

Gilk51 said:
I thought that there was a list of the pie destinations for '06, but I can't find it. If it is found, could we make that a sticky? Or does WC just like all the attention? ;-)

Um, psssst, any progress on a name? :trust:

Here you go: Linky to thread

I was thinking about switching August and September's locations because we've been down in SE or Central Texas for 2 runs now and the August location would be the third. Trying to keep it fair for everyone.

Well,we had a total of 5 riders take the Granger Lake short loop
(Link listed below)
index.php

From the Pie Run:
A good shot of the HOT apple pie with brandy sauce and ice cream... well worth the drive anytime...
100_0808.JPG

And few shots from the Lake loop:
the bikes
100_0809.jpg

Skip telling his Mexico stories
100_0810.jpg

Me with a bad case of Helmet Hair
100_0811.jpg

And rodriguez_slowpoke with his ride
100_0812.jpg

We had a good ride and ended back at the Hawgs for Dawgs in Hutto to have cool drink before parting ways...
It was my first time setting up a ride and also leading the ride, I had a great time with all those who went along... Hope to do it again sometime...

rodriguez_slowpoke: I am not sure what happened, but I broke right to go back to 183 and you looked to stay straight on 79 to I-35... Hope all went well, let me hear from you....

First, I want to say how much I enjoyed seeing everyone. Txbanditryder and I clocked over 500 miles for the day and had the sweat to prove it but the ride back home was a blast.

Secondly, I want to apologize for the picture quality. My digital camera too a dive Saturday so the color balance is waaaay off even after I doctored the photos.

Also, I couldn't settle on one group shot so I put them all up. (Click For Larger Photo)

th_HuttoPieRun024.jpg
th_HuttoPieRun023.jpg
th_HuttoPieRun022.jpg

th_HuttoPieRun021.jpg
th_HuttoPieRun019.jpg
th_HuttoPieRun018.jpg
th_HuttoPieRun020.jpg

Mmmmmm Pie!!:eat:
th_HuttoPieRun007.jpg
th_HuttoPieRun009.jpg
th_HuttoPieRun010.jpg

Do we even want to know??:lol2:
th_HuttoPieRun028.jpg

---> "This is such a great shirt!....."

Thanks for the compliments on the shirt - it was a sudden inspiration I got while passing a t-shirt place before Pie Run 6..

Glad to the the 'Rex rider is doing OK after the incident with the vulture - I sat with a group of 'Rex riders from Austin and they were wondering where the Dallas guys were.

The pie was great and I had a nice ride out to Marble Falls with Russell in the afternoon and then on out to Llano and south back to Austin.

Another great pie run goes down in history.

Here is a link to the cool vest I was wearing - get one.. That's me they are quoting at the bottom of the page.
http://www.tuffrhino.com/MiraCool_Poncho_Vest_p/hs1045.htm

dutchinterceptor said:
First, I want to say how much I enjoyed seeing everyone. Txbanditryder and I clocked over 500 miles for the day and had the sweat to prove it but the ride back home was a blast.

Secondly, I want to apologize for the picture quality. My digital camera too a dive Saturday so the color balance is waaaay off even after I doctored the photos.

Also, I couldn't settle on one group shot so I put them all up. (Click For Larger Photo)

th_HuttoPieRun024.jpg
th_HuttoPieRun023.jpg
th_HuttoPieRun022.jpg

th_HuttoPieRun021.jpg
th_HuttoPieRun019.jpg
th_HuttoPieRun018.jpg
th_HuttoPieRun020.jpg

Mmmmmm Pie!!:eat:
th_HuttoPieRun007.jpg
th_HuttoPieRun009.jpg
th_HuttoPieRun010.jpg

Do we even want to know??:lol2:
th_HuttoPieRun028.jpg

;-)
That is too funny... I dont even remember what was going on then. That is me trying to grab the Monkey. Did not have alot of luck getting it... Had fun meeting some new people. We had a really short ride from our house we live like right down the road. Cant wait for the next one.

King_O_Road said:
rodriguez_slowpoke: I am not sure what happened, but I broke right to go back to 183 and you looked to stay straight on 79 to I-35... Hope all went well, let me hear from you....

Yup, I made it back just fine. I thought you pointed to I35 and I just took that back to my place.

Thanks for setting up the route, King_O_Road. It was a good route despite the 102+ weather. It was nice meeting you all and I look forward to the next ride.

--bernardo

rodriguez_slowpoke said:
Yup, I made it back just fine. I thought you pointed to I35 and I just took that back to my place.

Thanks for setting up the route, King_O_Road. It was a good route despite the 102+ weather. It was nice meeting you all and I look forward to the next ride.

--bernardo

That is one fine looking bike I might add... I saw it parked and didn't know who it belonged to. I love the Guzzis.

Well-wishes to Kelly and good to hear that he will be okay and everyone else made it home okay. Skid had a close call with a Buzzard yesterday on the way home too but it decided to go around him at the last second.

It was nice meeting new people. Every pie-run, I can put a few more faces with screen names and maybe one day, I know them all.;-) Sweet Aprilia Paul. I think as many photo ops as your bike had, next time, you need to let it show just a bit more and take the gear inside. ;-) Again, nice VFR, Brian (Nixx). I will get working on my undertail work ASAP.:-P

Randy (Cherior) took us on a cool trip to Marble Falls and Luckenbach afterwards. We had a blast. Those roads west of Austin sure are interesting. Now I have an idea what the guys at Laguna Seca experience when they go over a hill and see nothing only to head right into a curve...:eek2: :sun:

This was our first of many Pie Rides to come. I have been absent from the site for a while dealing with life. Hopefully, besides still having to do out taxes, it has calmed down for a while.

Anyway, I saw the thread for this ride and thought we had to go. It would give us an excuse to go visit R1150GSRider and family in Austin. For those who don’t know us, he is my brother. I figured if I talked one of the kids into going with me, there would be no reason I couldn’t go.

After many back and forths about the route, it ended up being a total mess. Luckily, somewhere along the way, I e-mailed the printed directions for a route I had come up with to Rebecca. She saved the day. She went through the printed directions and used google maps to come up with turn by turn instructions. This was really helpful since I had loaded only a route proposed by another rider who wanted to lead but evidently was unable to make it. That coupled with the fact that I realized that morning that I could no longer read the display of my Garmin III Plus.

There ended up being four of us meet at the Exxon on I-10 and Racer Rd. It was a beautiful, muggy morning. Our plan was to leave promptly at 6:30. We finally left promptly 15 minutes late. It was a varied group. Two large dual sports, a cruiser and sport bike.

84860631-M.jpg

84860632-M.jpg

84860633-M.jpg

Having lived in Colorado County as a kid and still having relatives up there, I decided I could lead until we got to Fayetteville. Although, while sitting and waiting for the train in New Ulm, we decided that Rebecca would take over in Frelsbug so I didn’t hold people up between Frelsburg and Fayetteville.

Here is a picture of Heinsohn’s in Frelsburg, where my Mom bought my first pair of Cowboy boots.

84860642-M.jpg

At this point we were still doing pretty good, no u-turns as of yet. On 1291 I took over the position as the caboose. I really enjoyed watching the riders in front of me taking the 30 mph corners. I was truly amazed how much Rebecca has improved since the trip to Arkansas almost two years ago. Setting up for the curves, breaking before the curve and accelerating through the corner. John was a joy to watch also. Leaning into the curve, smooth and stable all the way through the corner.

Steve was another story. While he was smooth and stable, I had to back off to keep from getting shrapnel in my already failing eyes. He had his cruiser leaned over scraping away pounds of excess metal. He probably dropped enough weight to easily make up for the lunch and pie he ate.

Here we are in one of the straight parts of the road. I should acknowledge the photographer for this trip was my Daughter Erin. She did a great job and took many more pictures than I thought she was taking.

84860652-M.jpg

Here is a link to the whole gallery. She seemed to like taking pictures of cows. I don’t know if it was because she likes animals or she was thinking about the steak she was planning on ordering for lunch.

http://MrR1150GS.smugmug.com/gallery/1726502/1/84860631

It must have been a tiring morning, here is our photographer just east of Elgin. Or maybe that last u-turn was just one too many.

84860678-M.jpg

It could have been the route. It was not exactly the most direct route. That is what happens when you pick roads from streets and trips based strictly on how many wiggles they have in them. Here is where John decided it was his turn to lead. Much less dust that way.

84860676-M.jpg

84860677-M.jpg

Finally, after a quick phone call, I found our savior. My brother was riding the route backwards in hope of running into us. The only thing was he did not take the dirt roads. He must have had an earlier version of the route. He told us to make one final u-turn and head back east to FM 696. That we had crossed earlier. Although, the road we were on was so small, there were no marking signs for the intersection. I did make one more error trying to get to 290 to get back to FM 696 and we had one extra u-turn to get back to the freeway.

Here are our Pie Guides ready to take us the rest of the way.

84860679-M.jpg

Steve is contemplating what he would do with the puppy if he bought one of the Blue Heelers a guy was selling from his pickup at the service station.

84860680-M.jpg

Ok, I lied. I forgot we rode past East Street and to turn around once we got to the Hutto city limits.

Here are some miscellaneous pictures captured at the Gathering.

84860696-M.jpg

84860703-M.jpg

84860704-M.jpg

84860707-M.jpg

84860709-M.jpg

84860711-M.jpg

84860712-M.jpg

84860713-M.jpg

84860714-M.jpg

84860715-M.jpg

84860716-M.jpg

84860718-M.jpg

84860719-M.jpg

84860720-M.jpg

84860721-M.jpg

84860722-M.jpg

These two came all the way from Freer.

84860723-M.jpg

This couple arrived on matching Ducati 999’s.

84860710-M.jpg

Here is a requested picture. The t-shirt and sign on the wall say it all.

84860726-M-1.jpg

Here is what it is all about.

84860725-M.jpg

If anyone wants any of these pictures, you can download the full size version from Smugmug. The link for the gallery is above.

Excellent pics, Chris, and great to meet up with you.

The fact that your daughter has her own 'stich (and in the best color ;-)) is way cool, imho! :thumb:

mrr1150gs said:
I should acknowledge the photographer for this trip was my Daughter Erin. She did a great job and took many more pictures than I thought she was taking.

She seemed to like taking pictures of cows. I don’t know if it was because she likes animals or she was thinking about the steak she was planning on ordering for lunch.
She did a great job. I especially like the impressionistic versions of the road and your helmet!

The photo of her lying on the ground is priceless!
well done. :thumb:

well, dang-it. I probably woulda gone if I had seen about all this. Wife just happens to be a local from Hutto. I met her in Huntsville and dragged her to Arlington, so she and I know all those sites. Maybe next time. We're actually going down there to Hutto this weekend.

How did I miss her laying on the grass? When was that? I have no recollection...

Great pics. Thanks again for helping organize our local contribution to the greater pie effort!

Squeaky said:
How did I miss her laying on the grass? When was that? I have no recollection...

That happened while we were refueling at the Mobil station. Randy snapped the photo.
After the last U-turn, I think John was feeling about the same way.

buck000 said:
Excellent pics, Chris, and great to meet up with you.

The fact that your daughter has her own 'stich (and in the best color ;-)) is way cool, imho! :thumb:

Paul, great to finally meet you. Maybe next time I will ride my matching bike. With the kids on the bike, I like having the back rest of the GS. Plus, it was better suited for the route we ended up taking.

bluedogok said:
Looks like y'all had good time, Naomi and I headed up to Colorado for the weekend. We had "mountain pies" in Idaho Springs instead on Saturday.

As good as the Coconut Cream pie was, I would trade it for just about any kind of pie in Colorado. This time of the year anyway.

mrr1150gs said:
This couple arrived on matching Ducati 999’s.

84860710-M.jpg

The worst thing an amateur comedian can do is have to explain his jokes. But in this case I feel it is necessary to right an untruth.

The couple in the picture above were just innocent bystanders who happen to be engulfed in the mass of riders who decended on Debbies Pies.

I asked if they would mind if I included them in our group for the website. They smiled and agreed. Of course, by the time the ancient Digital camera took the picture, they had gone back to their former facial expressions. I tried to go back and get their names, but by the time I did, they had left. They seemed very nice and appeared to be enjoying watching all the commotion.

There, I feel better.

I am finished.

pacman1 said:
Who's georgous blue and white FZR is that in the first few seconds? I'm jealous!:drool:

That's my friend's. He's not a member of the site (even though I pressure him constantly to join). I believe it's a 1988. He takes excellent care it. I'll toss him a bone and tell him you like it. I routinely give him crap about how that thing belongs in a museum and that he should get something else. I've ridden it and all I'll say is...bikes have come a loooooong way in the last 18 years.

Back