• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lightroom 5 beta released

i-ncF7kt2-L.png

Hey! Those three images on the bottom left look familiar! :rofl:

Yep, like the new brush feature on the heal and clone. Haven't used the radial filter much, but have used the gradient a lot. Works really well to clean up haze and washed out sky. Pull down from the top, drop exposure, bump saturation, cool temperature.

I reluctantly gave in and signed up for the cloud primarily for an updated version of photoshop. The initially low investment helped to delay my decision on whether or not to purchase the software outright. I got the package that included Lightroom 5.

Coming from LR 3.6 most of the adjustment sliders are different but won't take long to transition. There are also a couple new tools that are nice but overall not many changes, except that it is running horribly slow and also acts a little glitchy.

Any other LR 5 users on here noticing any issues?

I'm not seeing any glitchy problems with LR 5, but I'm using a very fast Mac. I stopped trying to use PC's years ago with Adobe products.

The new sliders work much better then the ones on L3 and 4, IMO, giving you far more adjustability in the areas you want, without having effects on areas you don't want. With the new tools like the spot healing brush, I find with LR5 I hardly do much editing at all in PS anymore.

Back