• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Louisiana Dual Sport Ride: November 2008

Capt. Jack and Scott pushing Fast Eddie
DSCN0852.jpg

Felt bad for this guy. Every time we stopped it seemed he had **** getting started again. I'm sure it is a fixable problem because once he got it lit he was hard to catch until we hit around 60 on pavement...and I was on a 650.

In the dirt/mud he was in the next zip code before I could get out of first.

ETA: and by "***" of course I meant ****.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's from North Carolina... or California... or was it Guam? He mentioned something about Alaska... but his wife came down yesterday from Bossier City, La.

It's all true. Born/raised in N Carolina. Move to Cali thanks to good ole Uncle Sam. Then on to Oklahoma, Arizona, Alaska, and now Louisiana. Thanks Scott for putting this together. It's the first time getting to meet some dual sport folks since moving here. I plan to do more adventure rides as work and time/finances allow. I was glad to meet everyone. You made this a great weekend.

Looks like you guys had a blast. I wish I was there....
I'm back in Atl and haven't ridden much lately : (

Willy.

I just got in and turned on the computer.

Thanks Scott for making the route and the good places to eat each night.

Can't wait til the next time. Glad to meet everybody that showed up and road.

Mud was a blast and some good roads. Everybody that didn't ride today missed the best stuff out of the whole two days. I think I had more fun today than yesterday doing the trail stuff and twisties.

Nice but a bit cold and wet maybe?

I seriously considered this but had other plans that were more important.....not!

I will try to make a DS ride soon with you guys.

Nice but a bit cold and wet maybe?

I seriously considered this but had other plans that were more important.....not!

I will try to make a DS ride soon with you guys.

Here's my sunday video. I had to lower the quality fo file size (was 400mb) and then the tube lowered it more... sorry for the poor quality.

Scott,
My prediction was right! Fast Eddie is now the proud owner of a 2008 450 KTM EXC! He's been speeding all over our National Forest on it. Yesterday he disappeared into 2 other zip codes! It took us a long time to find him! Seeing that video really makes me wish we could have stayed for Day 2. That's where we are at home! Dirt and mud! The Good Lord willing, we'll definitely be back next year!
Capt.Jack

Scott,
My prediction was right! Fast Eddie is now the proud owner of a 2008 450 KTM EXC! He's been speeding all over our National Forest on it. Yesterday he disappeared into 2 other zip codes! It took us a long time to find him! Seeing that video really makes me wish we could have stayed for Day 2. That's where we are at home! Dirt and mud! The Good Lord willing, we'll definitely be back next year!
Capt.Jack

Better make it sooner than later. We're packing up and skipping town in T -(minus) seven months.

Oh and you'll need atleast 100 miles fuel range.:trust:

Scott,
Capt.Jack

After setting on the KTM's at the IMS show yesterday just makes me want to go ORANGE now....still drooling over them.

Scott:

I am looking forward to next year and speeding into multiple zip codes on my new KTM 450. Jack is still *****ing about the little scratch on his helmet!!! I want to point out the last time he "pushed" me he ended up with broken ribs!! Keep us in the loop on next year, Looking forward to it!!

Fast Eddie
Zip Code Rocket Man

P.S Sam Stacy also bought a new bike. He had such a good time at your ride he had to get a new mount!!

Scott:

I am looking forward to next year and speeding into multiple zip codes on my new KTM 450. Jack is still *****ing about the little scratch on his helmet!!! I want to point out the last time he "pushed" me he ended up with broken ribs!! Keep us in the loop on next year, Looking forward to it!!

Fast Eddie
Zip Code Rocket Man

P.S Sam Stacy also bought a new bike. He had such a good time at your ride he had to get a new mount!!

Next time I'm thinking I will limit the ride to smaller bikes who are interested in doing the trails and tougher dirt roads. Oh and only 5 bikes. Get yalls group together and come ride whenever you like.... coordinate a weekend with me though.:trust: :rider:

Do they still have the Civil War reenactment there?

I work at the Natchitoches Parish Tourist Center. Pleasant Hill is out of my parish.... I have a hard enough time keeping up with the 100million-bajillion tourists we have every weekend.... and all the events that goes on here.... I have had an unfortunate overlap of memory... I dont remember stuff that i learned prior to this job.

man that looks like huge FUN!!!!
every time I read through one of these threads and see the pics, it has me seriously considering giving up on the track and working my way to some dirt.

oh well hopelly in the next year or two I'll have a capable dirt machine and will be able to join you guys.

oh and more pics! :rider:

every time I read through one of these threads and see the pics, it has me seriously considering giving up on the track and working my way to some dirt.

oh well hopelly in the next year or two I'll have a capable dirt machine and will be able to join you guys.

Just get off your SV and go get a dual sport.
Remember
dirt roads are free = more money for gas = more riding in the dirt :rider:
track days cost = less riding = posts like above ;-)

I just recently quit the track and got the KLR a little over a year ago and love it as much as the track. I sure do miss doing track days, but work and $ get the best of me

Just get off your SV and go get a dual sport.
Remember
dirt roads are free = more money for gas = more riding in the dirt :rider:
track days cost = less riding = posts like above ;-)

I know, I know, but I don't think I can totally give up on track day, they're too much fun. but for the money I dirt is cheaper, which like you said means, more fun

Back