• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

M38A1 / 2016 Pic-A-Day

12/04/2016
Keeping with the music theme.... USA!
i-K4qZCNF-XL.jpg

nice pic...
now, the questions
a pick with nylon strings?
What kind of guitar is that? I've never seen string routing like that or a fret as a nut?

Last edited:
Since I don't play, I can't speak to how well that pick works on nylon strings. Three are nylon and three are steel I believe. And yes - a Soloette, a cool little travel guitar which breaks down into a unit which fits in what could be best described as an AR15 case.

Nice! I can't help but find myself wondering what tune he was banging out. I'm hearing maybe...the opening notes to The Sting? Highly unlikely, but that's what I imagine hearing when I see this. Not sure WHY it is that particular tune, but I suspect it is the single hand on the keys that made the subtle suggestion to my sudconciense.

Donnie-
She is a musical doctoral candidate at UT. I recall her playing Christmas carol type music as I was shooting. As for The Sting, she didn't play that during the shoot. But what she did bang out was simply beautiful.

Ha ha! I took a picture of the flame coming out of a fireplace lighter and decided I didn't like it so I went with a flower shot. Glad I changed, your fire shot is much better.

There has been a distinct lack of selfies... :ponder: I suspect if this were being done by 30 something or younger people, there would be a lot more of them ;-)

It's been a while since going through Scott's photos. Upon catching up I ran across this. I won't take away from the thread so won't comment on Millennials.

Good times Scott. You can see the finish line! There's a bunch of interesting shots in your posts and we're all glad you (and Rusty) are doing this. As for my photographic exuberance mine is best described as bi-polar. I have interest for a time then it drops off for a time then returns. Lots of ambitions and you help me get back into the mood.

Well thank-you, Dave.... I'm glad I can motivate folks to get out and just shoot. Brownie points for those that want to shoot better than the previous shot. Thx.

Thanks Jennifer!

What do you mean by "out of your range"? ISO? Tripod? Noise? Access?

12/11/2016
Not exactly what I was after, but this late in the game I'll take it....
i-DJqrv6p-XL.jpg

:tab So I am sitting here, watching the last days of the year click off one after the other, and I am wondering, "What next?" I've been following this thread and checking it almost daily in anticipation of what is next. Same for Woodbutcher's thread. What will we do when you guys finally call it quits... :ponder:

:tab I am hoping you'll continue to shoot and share here, even if not on a daily basis :photo:

Scott and I have discussed what each of us was thinking for the last shot. At this point it is getting more thought than my daily ones for sure. I don't even know where I'll be on the 31st so that will impact my last shot too. I'll either be in Austin all day, or maybe off to Crockett for the pie run during the day, or more likely, Big Bend. Austin means fireworks or some sort of organized celebration. On the road during the day I might end up with a landscape. Big Bend, who knows? Landscape? Probably, but sunset or mountains. Been giving it a lot of thought.

:tab So I am sitting here, watching the last days of the year click off one after the other, and I am wondering, "What next?" I've been following this thread and checking it almost daily in anticipation of what is next. Same for Woodbutcher's thread. What will we do when you guys finally call it quits... :ponder:

:tab I am hoping you'll continue to shoot and share here, even if not on a daily basis :photo:

Buy us a beer? A BIG beer? lol....

I always find the posts of folks who follow us fun to see. I wish there were more and deep down, I really don't think my body of work is all that interesting which probably explains the lack of commentary. Like we all discussed months ago, is this a 'project', or a 'diary'. I dunno.... Project of creating a diary of my life for the last year? Yet I do appreciate the comments. Kind of keeps me going to shoot the next day.

So here it is, 9pm and guess what? I need to go take a stupid picture for today. :giveup: That's becoming my mantra now.

Scott and I have discussed what each of us was thinking for the last shot. At this point it is getting more thought than my daily ones for sure. I don't even know where I'll be on the 31st so that will impact my last shot too. I'll either be in Austin all day, or maybe off to Crockett for the pie run during the day, or more likely, Big Bend. Austin means fireworks or some sort of organized celebration. On the road during the day I might end up with a landscape. Big Bend, who knows? Landscape? Probably, but sunset or mountains. Been giving it a lot of thought.

Yeah, the last day is starting to 'trouble' me to some extent. If I look at the body of work thus far, my shot should probably have guns, cattle, trail runners, bicycle racers, sun rises, and maybe a person or two tossed in. yeah, i think i can make that work. :rofl:

Back