• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Michelin Pilot Road 2

I've been running PR2's on my FJR for the past 4 months / 8000 miles. The back tire got damaged in the Tx hill country and I replaced it at 4000 miles (should have patched it, in retrospect). The front, still going strong.

Excellent grip and longevity; worth the price, IMO.

--hellcreep

It was through a friend at a local dealer.... sorry.

If it makes you feel better, he's since quit so now I'm hunting for a good price like everyone else...

trey

Great thread !

I just bought a new rear PR2 for the rear and a new front goes on in another week. Let's see what my gargantuan K1200RS does to them. If I can get more than 6k on the front I'll be ecstatic.

Dave.

Swapped my old PR2s for a new pair at 8,700 miles. The front had lots of life left, but the rear was getting thin. I might have been able to run it to 9,500 or beyond, but was heading out on a long trip. It made sense to me to start a journey on fresh rubber.

I think I will stay with this tire for the life of the bike.

I tried the PR2 on my K1200S. 7000 miles of spirited riding and I believe it will go quite a bit further. Traction is good and maintains the nice round profile. Impressiive but a bit pricey.

11k Miles on Road 2's

You must have gotten the good set. Mine only lasted about 4500 miles and the rear was in worse shape than yours.

Todd

11k Miles on Road 2's

You must have gotten the good set. Mine only lasted about 4500 miles and the rear was in worse shape than yours.

Todd

Hmm, you sure you got the Road 2ct and not the Power 2ct? What tire pressure do you run?

That almost seems impossible to burn through them that quickly. I'm at over 10,000 miles on my second set with lots of life left... this pair is wearing better than the first.

trey

11k Miles on Road 2's

Todd

I was at 11k when I changed them out on the Fz1. They could have gone a couple thousand more but they started to cup and I had a nail. I would look into another set when I need tires again.

aQUOTE=treybrad;644976]Hmm, you sure you got the Road 2ct and not the Power 2ct? What tire pressure do you run?

That almost seems impossible to burn through them that quickly. I'm at over 10,000 miles on my second set with lots of life left... this pair is wearing better than the first.

trey[/QUOTE]

Yes it was the Road 2CT's, that was one trip to AR, and a few lunch rides around DFW. I always run factory pressures(42R 36F), and check my tires before every ride. The Stock Oem tire lasted around 1300 miles, so all in all I am good with the mileage out of the Road 2CT. If I got 11k out of one, I would send Michelin a Christmas Card thanking them for such an awesome tire :rider:

Todd

wow man, I got 9,000mi out of just plain old Pilot Powers! The Road 2s have about 6,000mi on them right now and are only beginning to show signs of wear!

Sport bike track gear has them for $306 front & rear shipped through August. Anyone know of a better price on them?
http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.co...HEELS+&+WARMERS:Michelin+tires:Pilot+Road+2ct

OK, I put a price list together of 8 different sources. For the 1250 Bandit (front 120/70ZR17, rear 180/55ZR17), the best price turned out to be STG - Sportbike Track Gear. Free shipping, the set is $306.98.

The only one cheaper was Motorcycle Superstore ($296.98), but they are out of stock on that size front tire.

Here's the data:

All prices valid as of August 11, 2009

YMMV.

:rider:

The PR2 is the best tire I've every tried for all around use, and may double my normal PP miles.

I did use Avon Storms ST for a couple of years, but have gone with PR2. They provide excellent wet weather traction. I have noticed the PR2 tend to be more slippery on tar snakes compared to the Avon Storms. Perhaps it is the hard rubber compound in the middle of the PR2 that does not grip as well as the Storms ST.

Regardless, I am staying with PR2 for a long time.

RB

Hey Trey care to share where that good deal was? I wouldn't mind replacing my PRs with some PR2s.

There ain't no better place to order your tars than Two Brothers. Best price you can find, won't sell you tars that aren't on the correct fitment chart, at your door in three days or less.

Call to place your order and ask for Tim.

The Final Update!

02/23/2009 - ODO: 26,807mi - Tires: 11,315 miles

Update:

I rolled past 39,000mi this morning on the way to work on this same set, that's 12,193mi.

I'm headed to Monroe, LA this weekend to visit with a buddy, that'll put another 800mi+ on them. I'll try to remember to post a pic once I get back. This set didn't have all the offroad abuse that I subjected the last set to, and that seems to have helped big time.

I predict 14,000mi at least from this set.

trey

Your killing me, I am definately going to give the Pilot road 2s a chance. I burned through my BT-21 at 7000 miles.

I can't imagine getting 14,000 out a set of tires that don't slide like greased owl snot.

Back