• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Africa Twin debut?

Reaction score
Anyone else excited to see Honda may be back in the ADV fray?

20032517ow.jpg

Anyone else excited to see Honda may be back in the ADV fray?

I'm very interested but waiting to see the MSRP before getting excited. Hoping they don't grow the entry price like Suzuki & Yamaha did narrowing the gap between BMW/KTM prices.

_

that front sub fender is way to close to the tire.

Not to make it to Starbucks and back. Looks nice, I'm sure Honda will have it priced slightly higher than their other Jap competition.

The NXR750V, a full HRC race machine, faced stiff competition in the gruelling Paris-Dakar through the late 1980s but won out in 1986 and 1987 in the hands of Cyril Neveu, in ’88 with Edi Orioli and finally in ’89 piloted by Gilles Lalay. The road-going XRV650 Africa Twin was produced between 1988-9 by HRC in tribute to their efforts, and laid the foundation of what would become a legendary machine.

I love my GS as a DS/Tourer but have always maintained that if Honda would get into the game, I would probably switch monickers. Will be watching this closely. :mrgreen:

Well...I've been waiting for this bike for quite a while! Today I got on a waiting list and have an appointment tomorrow afternoon to provide my $500 deposit. First on the list!!! :rider:

The gentleman I spoke with said he should have a demo bike for me to ride in about 2-3 months. As for the specs...I went for ABS and DCT. I'm am very interested in giving this new technology a try!

It feels like a True Adventure already! :zen:

Safe travels!
TTR

PS - I have a well loved 2009 KLR 650 (~34,500 miles) that will need a new home in the not so distant future...fully decked out (Happy Trails crash bars, skid plate, pelican panniers, Madstad windscreen, center stand, KTM front fender, highly custom paint job - Rhinoliner!!!). It is a turn key adventure...

You mean over there in Europe. Not for sale in America.

P.s. What does it have to do with Africa anyway?

Oh contraire
, the US Dealers will have it for the 2016 Model Year.

As for the Africa part, there was this other bike they made years ago ...

Its sort of a nostalgia thing. Honda is probably the first motorcycle manufacturer to ever revive a former model name. ;-)

Back