• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Honda GROM for 2021 now with a 5th Gear (finally!)

My back hurts looking at that picture.
Plenty of bikes in that photo that won't hurt your back. The SV up front won't be too bad. Don't look at the Daytona though. If your back is hurting, look at the RC51 back there and then your back AND your butt will hurt. Plank of wood covered in vinyl.

Plenty of bikes in that photo that won't hurt your back. The SV up front won't be too bad. Don't look at the Daytona though. If your back is hurting, look at the RC51 back there and then your back AND your butt will hurt. Plank of wood covered in vinyl.
It's really more my knees. That tucked position kills my old, injured knees in an hour or two.

I LOVED my Speed Triple RS, but I certainly couldn't ride it for too long without pain. After a trackday on it, I'd limp for a couple of days.

I've come to realize that I'm an upright rider. ADV bikes, dirt bikes, supermoto, they work for me. Can ride all day with no ill effects.

Hey Sander,you can rip on my Grom all you want...I have some Maxxis off road tires mounted on her...
I'll have it in TorC along with my 390 Adventure.

Last edited:
Power is the same at 9.7 HP but comes a little later at 7,250 RPM instead of 7,000 RPM our to Euro 5 regulations.

I wonder how much faster the 5th gear will make it go...

5th gear probably won't make it go any faster just a tad quicker..
4th gear on my 2019 is an overdrive
I geared it down 1 tooth on engine sprocket and I can't tell it's any slower on top end...
You gotta scale down your brain when riding one....easy for me..ha..
Momentum is rewarded supremely..

A couple from New Zealand rode the TAT on Groms a couple years ago. They have a great ide report on ADV Rider.

And now, I've spent too much time on that thread, followed their adventures to conclusion, and am working my way through their TAT videos. I showed the intro video to my wife who immediately told me that I should buy one.

That counts as permission, right? :D

Back