• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

NM: Land of Tarantulas and Insanely Low Speed Limits

Reread the this ride report from the beginning again and was well worth the time.

I have GOT to get out on another trip soon. I'm going totally stir-crazy.

I know this is a long-ago thread, but I am getting the bug to trailer the 890 out to this area and spend a few days exploring. Anyone want to share some suggestions or things to not miss. We have done much of the NMBDR route, looking to dig deeper into the country in the general area of Reserve...

I really enjoyed the Gila Cliff dwellings. Highway 15 is great. If you're interested in street riding, 191 in Arizona and 78, also in Arizona, are good rides. The Catwalk near Alma is worth a visit.

If you ride 191 southward, stay at the Clifton hotel in Clifton. Young couple resuscitated a 1800's saloon and boarding house into a great hotel. We super enjoyed our stay.

Also, there are apparently plenty of FS roads to explore around Reserve. My guess is all you need is a good map.

Back