• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Oct 14,15 and 16 Clayton Oklahoma

$500 bones more or less as a guesstimate. He said same thing though, tight chain.. :giveup: I can't see it, but I guess pieces don't lie.

I feel better about being a pansie and not towing out a little bit. That could have been bad, or worse anyway. This may be regardless.....

I was wanting him to have a look at the rings and top end anyway. Just cause. Now I have a reason. :headbang:

Man what a bummer. Yeah when I asked you you said no its loose. When you moved it I had to agree it looked loose.

Anyway. No it was a good call on not moving it. I had thought about it. If we were miles away and had to tow it we could have dropped the chain and it would have been fine.

Well get it tweaked out so she is ready for the Clayton 220 :trust:

Mike Green

When's the Clayton 220 :rider:

It should be about a six week turn around. Unless I get after getting it out and reinstalled. When he did the big bore he turned the engine in 5 business days. 10 days from when it left to when it got home. So if I put in a couple late nights it might be out and shipped by wednesday. So 3 weeks.... :sun:

When's the Clayton 220 :rider:

It should be about a six week turn around. Unless I get after getting it out and reinstalled. When he did the big bore he turned the engine in 5 business days. 10 days from when it left to when it got home. So if I put in a couple late nights it might be out and shipped by wednesday. So 3 weeks.... :sun:

This is the biginning of the discussions. Clayton down k-trail to almost Mena around the big bend to Pickens and back to Clayton. 220 miles 1 Day ! :clap:

Mike Green

Man what a bummer. Yeah when I asked you you said no its loose. When you moved it I had to agree it looked loose.

Anyway. No it was a good call on not moving it. I had thought about it. If we were miles away and had to tow it we could have dropped the chain and it would have been fine.

Well get it tweaked out so she is ready for the Clayton 220 :trust:

Mike Green

Remember, to ck a chain for correct tension there must be enough weight on the bike to make the swingarm level. That is where the adjustment must be set as the chain will be at its tightest point.

The DRZ you are to check it upright hold the chain against the swingarm at the end of the slider and then at the half way there should be 1-1.25 inches slack. I was pretty close a thought.

It is entirely possible the "original" damage was done while in SM trim. I had been fiddling with it every so often trying to settle the handling down a bit. It had a funny push so I was playing with the alignment. Most of it was the way the pilot power wore but I was checking. There was around 100 miles on it with the knobs that weekend.

I finally received the last of my pictures from a friend in Oklahoma.

Notice the tube. I have never seen such a bad blow out. It was atleast 16 inches long. he said he was running 22psi...WOW. I was holding the bike as they changed it.
kawi-XL.jpg

A couple views looking out from the fire watch tower. I was saddened to see it had been decommisnioned. It was the last one I knew that was in working order in the area. Rose must have retired. I think it will be there a while. They was a bunch of new repeater equipment attached to it. Hopefully we are not glowing too bad.
sky-X2.jpg

sky2-X2.jpg

..Looking down from the tower
down-X2.jpg

down2-XL.jpg

The family having fun.
family-X2.jpg

family2-X2.jpg

Mike Green

Very nice! Sorry I missed it.

I got the final bill today as well. With shipping both ways $650. :eek2: All new trans bearings, gasket kits, and rings. So basically fresh........ :zen:

I'll have spare seals for next time. So in true polar bear repellant fashion it will never be a problem again.

Very nice! Sorry I missed it.

I got the final bill today as well. With shipping both ways $650. :eek2: All new trans bearings, gasket kits, and rings. So basically fresh........ :zen:

I'll have spare seals for next time. So in true polar bear repellant fashion it will never be a problem again.

Cheap seal to carry for it to never happen again. Sounds like it is really fresh. That is good. Do you have a cush hub on the rear ?

Mike Green

I run a cush hub on the SM wheels. But I had so much fun I think it wil be a dirt bike for awhile. We need to do more of this..... Well less breakage more riding. :sun:

I run a cush hub on the SM wheels. But I had so much fun I think it wil be a dirt bike for awhile. We need to do more of this..... Well less breakage more riding. :sun:

That was what I was leading too. I wondered if the SM wheels had caused the problem bu if you have a cush hub that is not it....

Yeah I am ready for another one. Once we get the kitchen done we might try to figure something out. It seems like it is going to be a cold wet winter.

Mike Green

Back