• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run IV, Edom - Trip Reports

Sorry I didn't make it, just got home. One the two guys with me highsided in Terrel and got banged up pretty good, coupe broken ribs, fractured shoulder blade, had to see to him and his bike all day.

Had it towed and had one heck of a time getting the bike out of the tow yard for him.

Wow - sorry to hear this. Is this anyone that has come to a TWT event before?

What caused so much trouble at the tow yard?

Hope the rider is doing better today.

I sure had fun. Hate that I was the only one on a Ducati. Parking lot problems? No one parked right around the front porch so big deal. I had one patron ask me where all the bikes came from. After explaining TWTEX she said it was great to see everyone out enjoying the day.
I took some videos and I'll try to post them tomorrow. Nothing great, just parking lot vids.
Enjoyed talking to my table mates. Pleasure meeting Ana from Katy.

I was one of the ****'s angels that parked closer to the center of the parking lot. I am relatively new to riding and just pulled up in the next open space at the end of the line. Sorry to cause unsettled stomachs. Take care and be safe!

Don't worry about it Clay. You pulled into a line made up of a lot of very experienced riders.

Yep, maybe we could have all done a better job. Live and learn. :zen:

Hey, some of these events have become large enough to require an Incident Action Plan. Now we just need to designate a staging area to park. :-P

Now we just need to designate a staging area to park. :-P
I do support the suggestion that someone scout out the places before hand and post a recommended parking area; keeping in mind it be readily accessible for riders with less experience, or bikes 'with issues' (aka short riders...... don't comment).

Kurt, I think your bike has a swollen eye problem. :trust:

Attachments

• Low 2.jpg
    Low 2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 249
One of the riders at the Pie Run wore a high visibility vest. Would that rider mind sending me a pm to give me some info on the vest, please?
Thanks.

Rats. No video. I left the camera at the house in East Texas. I will not be back out there for a week.

It's looked like that ever since the first time it saw a Strom.

You DID tell it that a Strom was the previous bike, right? :yawn:

(don't see the image - just the little red x - I can see it when pasting into anudder window :shrug: )

Great ride! I can't believe I haven't ridden 315 before. I'm planning on doing this ride again this summer. My allergies went nuts riding through the forest. 315 is almost as good as 149 through the Sam Houston forest on the way to Montgomery...in fact it may be better...NO TRAFFIC! Enjoyed meeting a few new people. Funny that I sat with folks that live within 20 miles of me. I really enjoy the fact that I get to see other marques at the end point besides Harleys. That is one of the things I enjoy about TWT is the diversity of the rides. Makes me wish I had a bigger garage.

If you missed this Pie Run, then I have one thing to say to you. :nana:
:argh:
prior church obligations kept me from attending this one :giveup:

Looks like much food and fun was had. lots of nice looking bikes :drool:

I'll do my best to make the May version :rider:

:argh:
prior church obligations kept me from attending this one :giveup:
Maybe you could kill two birds with one stone and get your church to host a Pie Run. :trust: If they're like my church, the desserts at the potlucks get you halfway to heaven. :mrgreen:

Maybe you could kill two birds with one stone and get your church to host a Pie Run. :trust: If they're like my church, the desserts at the potlucks get you halfway to heaven. :mrgreen:
:rofl: just the thought of the ole ladies and men in my church doing that! :rofl:
nice folks, but don't think they'd go for "bikers"

Grandma used to make the most awesomest pies and cobblers, but then she decided that sugar wasn't good and now they aren't so grand anymore :argh:

I'll do my best to make the May version :rider:

I don't think you will - because of the holiday weekend, the pie run in May falls on the Saturday that we'll be riding through Arkansas and Missouri. Oh darn! :rider:

I don't think you will - because of the holiday weekend, the pie run in May falls on the Saturday that we'll be riding through Arkansas and Missouri. Oh darn! :rider:
right, looked at the calendar after I posted that. Oh well, guess I'll just have to suffer through riding in AR :rider:

Back