• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run Report - Lucy's on the Square in Celina

Gilk51

Reaction score
First Name
Charles ("Chuck")
Last Name
Gibke
Good group at Lucy's today. Two good sized groups of scooters and sport bikes.

Good food and excellent pies! :thumb:

Pictures forthcoming.

Weather OK in the morning - wind was brutal going home. Hope everyone got home safely.

Re: Pie Run Resport - Lucy's on the Square in Celina

i figured the wind would be a factor. a couple of us did a short ride earlier today and the wind did make it difficult to say the least. right now, it i howling outside.

gw

I wore my chicken stripes down going straight!!

Great ride, on the way up. Going home, the V-Strom kept wanting to stand up in the curves...:eek2:

Two up was a challenge going home.

Well I wandered around N. Texas for a while but am home now. windy out there.

It was a good day despite the challenges getting home. I sat with Randy and Benny who were on those two gorgeous K12RS's:mrgreen: Good company with new friends is always a bonus!
The:eat: part was good especially the lemon chess pie. I got one bite of the chocolate cake I brought home for my wife and it was excellent as well.
The ride home wasn't too bad till I turned south on 51. I bailed off just south of ECR and made my way home on county roads where I had some wind protection.

We had a wonderful time (as always) today seeing everyone...their bikes and the PIE (although we didn't actually eat PIE today). We did a little geocaching on the way home and found some pretty awesome roads we had never been on before. After that...THE WIND! YIKES is all I can say!!!!!

A few pics from the day.
820790057_EYAMt-S.jpg

820789949_D5Jab-S.jpg

820790954_JguP3-S.jpg

820792582_echn4-S.jpg

820792028_wUKhm-S.jpg

We look forward to the next one!!

Well I didn't get any pictures in spite of the fact that I had a camera in my pocket :shrug: but I had a great time eating buttermilk pie and riding in the wind.

A bunch of us scooter riders took 455 on over to Slidell then back around the top of Lake Ray Roberts on 922 and 121 to Whitewright to run 697 in both directions (now that is interesting in this kind of wind) and finally back into the East side of Dallas.

About 250 miles round-trip for me today. Joined up with SkipHoneycutt and DutchInterceptor and we rode out from the Tyler/East Texas area. BRUTAL wind going home. I known it's almost sacreligous to say, but ... I was so filled up from my man-size burger with onion rings, that I didn't have room for pie! Oh, the shame ... :giveup:

:sun::eat3::flip:
Sure enjoyed the day, especially the company and my introduction to peanut butter pie. That wind was something else on the way back home. Here are some snapshots, mostly bikes: http://pbckt.com/sl.a5k

Yeah, heading home afterwards I remember going around some left-hand sweepers while actually leaning to the right. Very odd sensation.

It was cool to see everybody's bikes lined up on the square... that black Beemer with the sidecar was just beautiful. Food was great, though the pie put me over the top. Very full on the ride back. It was a fun day, looking forward to the next time I can make it out... though hopefully it won't be so windy!

It was a good day despite the challenges getting home. I sat with Randy and Benny who were on those two gorgeous K12RS's:mrgreen: Good company with new friends is always a bonus!
The:eat: part was good especially the lemon chess pie. I got one bite of the chocolate cake I brought home for my wife and it was excellent as well.
The ride home wasn't too bad till I turned south on 51. I bailed off just south of ECR and made my way home on county roads where I had some wind protection.

Spent the rest of the day riding, up until 4:00 pm. Agree, wind made things intersting. Paul, pleasure meeting you and spending time talking with you and Benny.

Well I didn't get any pictures in spite of the fact that I had a camera in my pocket :shrug: .

AH!!so thats what that was. I thought you were just glad to see everybody.:rofl:

Had a great time today. My girl really enjoyed being out and meeting new people. Nice ride up! We went east on 455 with the V-Max guys.....whew those bikes will move. The wind going home :eek2:
------------------------------
Dean
02 Warrior ( The Beast) :rider::eat::rider:

Great group
crowd.jpg

And, the proper use of pie
pie.jpg

All afternoon I kept saying about the west wind "Yea, but it's been worse." By about 7:00 this evening that statement still remained true, but only tenuously so. We noticed that, when going east, we had to get up to at least 45mph before we felt any wind on our faces.

Met with Dean (smittytx) and Dee in west Arlington and puttered over to Celina. I didn't think the wind was too bad (then). Waited on Soozy for a bit and then went on - found out later that a dead phone was involved.

We went north on 289 from 380 to skip the 289/121 area. I think that turned out to be smart - Dail said it was bumper-to-bumper.

Several folks commented on the huge house east of 289 and a bit north of 380 near Prosper - that baby belongs to Deon Sanders. :eek2:

Susan (tortuga) and I lunched with Alan (alancb) and Robert (robostrom). We tried some different stuff (I can't pass up the chicken fried steak, nor could Robert):

cfs_7626q.jpg

cfs_7624q.jpg

blue plate special:

bps_7625q.jpg

catfish:

catfish_7623q.jpg

Lots of pie choices:

dpie_7635q.jpg

pie_7630q.jpg

pie_7628q.jpg

pie_7631q.jpg

pecan_7629q.jpg

I think Leon (focus frenzy, on the left) wants both of these! Dee on the right (I had a pic of her but her eyes were closed :doh: ). Jenni hands out the pie orders.

d70_7637q.jpg

Kegan brought a good size group from Fort Worth, I think they all were on sport bikes. Don't bother 'em whilst they are eating!

d70_7622q.jpg

Pretty quiet looking couple, right?

ralph_ida_7632q.jpg

That's Ralph and Ida - who knew that they were going to tackle "The Lucy" - an ice cream pie that is impressive:

thelucy_7633q.jpg

Now you can see why they took home a bit of lunch so they could finish this:

before_7634q.jpg

:eat:

I think I am getting hungry again... :lol2:

Last edited:

As always at TWT functions, there was a diverse selection of bikes:

bikes_7609q.jpg

bikes_7611q.jpg

all colors, too:

sprt_bikes_7620q.jpg

and a slew of Bergman scooters:

scooters_7610q.jpg

scooters_7614q.jpg

a rose :borg: among the thorns :lol2:

d70_7619q.jpg

Beemers!

beemers_7621q.jpg

Doons had just gotten this one:

doons_7612q.jpg

and speaking of Beemers, Kevin and Cheryl always get looks when they ride their '66 sidecar rig:

bmw_rig_7616q.jpg

bmw_rig_7617q.jpg

The Bedford Bunch talkes with Ralph (far right)

d70_7618q.jpg

That's Collin (goonrider28), Kelly (Skull of Energy), Dan (DFW Dano), Willie (thunderbolt), and Ralph (ralphn0)

our lunchmates, Robert (robostrom):

robert_7642q.jpg

d70_7641q.jpg

and Alan (alancb):

alan_7639q.jpg

d70_7640q.jpg

---

We took 455 and 377 home. The other riders have described the wind on the way home - they ain't lyin', either. :eek2: I was beat and crashed - which is why I am doing a report at 1:30 AM! :doh:

---

Thanks to all who came today! :thumb:

and thanks to Leon who gave me the "LED nametag"! I know it drove the folks at my table nuts during lunch! :rofl:

Last edited:

Riding buddy Phil and I had a great time. Weather gods smiled on us all yesterday......wind was only a small annoyance. We came upon the scooter group and followed them up there for a few miles. You can tell they've ridden together more than a few times.

Chuck, the chicken fried steak is good but the version with ranch dressing and cheese is better. By the way, what was that LED thing around your neck?

Seeing the V-Stroms makes me nostalgic for the one I just sold. Glad I got the FJR but do miss the Wee. Wished I could have sit on one and immediately sit on the FJR to compare the riding positions.

Chuck, nice meeting you and your wife yesterday. The chicken fried steak was good, but the coconut cream pie was better!

I had to make a bee-line home down 289 because my wife had to work. The wind was absolutely brutal. One gust blew me into the oncoming lane. Fortunately there wasn't a car there at the time. Pretty scary.

Thanks for setting it all up, we'll be seeing you again soon.

Robert

Had a great time and enjoyed my lunch with Ron & Delores out of Tyler. Celina is a neat little town and Lucy's is a place that I will keep on my list.

Thanks to TWT for hosting such well planned events. I've only been around a couple of months but am looking forward to making future pie runs and other events.

and thanks to Leon who gave me the "LED nametag"! I know it drove the folks at my table nuts during lunch! :rofl:

By the way, what was that LED thing around your neck?

That was a Friday night present from Leon (focus frenzy) - he got it at Micro-Center in Richardson (75 at Spring Valley) - it's called a "Six Message LED Badge". It has a USB interface to change the messages and charge the tag. It's cool. :thumb:

You know we'll get you for that don't you. :trust: :rofl:

:lol2: yeah, I talk big about talking smack to the scooter riders but I have to live with one! :giveup:

You guys had a good showing - hope to see you at more of these. :rider::eat::rider:

There was a guy with what looked like a high dollar camera taking shots of the bikes, he didn't appear to have any motorcycle gear on. Does anyone know if he was part of the group or if he was a local there just taking photos?

There was a guy with what looked like a high dollar camera taking shots of the bikes, he didn't appear to have any motorcycle gear on. Does anyone know if he was part of the group or if he was a local there just taking photos?

:tab Last year a local reporter showed up, took a few shots and interviewed a few of us. They actually had a little article in the paper a few days later.

:tab I had all that wind in the morning riding to a different location to meet some folks. It was also kind of cold. By noon, all the clouds had blown out, the temp came up, and the wind dropped off a lot. It made for a great afternoon of riding after lunch.

:tab I am surprised to see Kevin and Cheryl with the side car rig. I don't think I have ever seen him run it more than about 45-50mph and cannot imagine riding from here to Celina in it!! I wonder if he trailered it up somewhere close by... :ponder: It is a pretty one!

Back