• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Hit some dirt / mud roads east of T-Dale after rain Thursday. Had to put outriggers down a few times :) 705's not best mud choice :)

I checked out that road on google maps with the tunnels... excellent!
Come on I will lead. The tunnels were for the Lignite conveyors for the old Alcoa, but they are gone and nature is taking back the roads. After a rain sugar sand is good, red clay....well

Last edited:
Our local BMW group, East Texas BMW Plus, had a scheduled club ride to the Pickett House in Woodville for today. I met up with two other members, Glenn & Skip for the trip. Took back roads most of the way, Glenn was planner and leader, so I can't recall all the highways, but a great route with awesome weather (60F at my house when I left). We were the only ones who made it. Covered 300+ miles overall. I could feel the first tinges of fall during the ride :bigokay: .

Out to a couple of the local parks to exercise the CT90 today. Nice 70 degrees day. Lots of people enjoying the parks.

First to Audobon in Garland

1600624380713.png

Then on to Dallas' White Rock lake Stone Tablets area

1600645050079.png

Ct90 was running great but it looks like a new seat cover is on the winter project list.

Stopped at a 3rd park in Mesquite but I can't remember the name. The smell of cut grass and the sounds of ducks quacking and geese honking prevailed. I need to rig for some good fishing and add that to a future day ride.

Last edited:
Great morning for a ride from SW Austin to Johnson City via Fitzhugh Road. Wish my head felt better - allergies made my helmet feel two sizes too small and really pressed up on my jaw hinge. Only got about 2 hours' worth of riding before I had to call it a day, and none of it super pleasant (though still better than being at home).

Attachments

• DSC03305.jpg
    DSC03305.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 185
Great morning for a ride from SW Austin to Johnson City via Fitzhugh Road. Wish my head felt better - allergies made my helmet feel two sizes too small and really pressed up on my jaw hinge. Only got about 2 hours' worth of riding before I had to call it a day, and none of it super pleasant (though still better than being at home).
How many mpg does that RE get. Guessing 50 -60 beautiful bike next time I'm in austin I'm going to TJ to ditch in one. Any dealer do test rides? Will it do a hundred? Is 70 to 80 smooth. I always do the ton on CR486 before every ride on my street bikes and wide open on the XR which is about 90 laying on tank

Allergies are making my eyes water but Flonaise has keep the intense headaches away. First remedy after some 50 years of dreading this time of the year.

Nice cool morning for a ride. My buddy suggested west. We headed towards the Pecos River bridge.

Then decided to keep going to Ft. Davis and stay the night. Weathers perfect but the smoke haze is thick. Wouldn’t recommend it for folks with bad lungs.

View from our room looked a bit better.

Ran across a candidates sign for sheriff, I don’t know the guy but his name sounds pretty no nonsense.

How many mpg does that RE get. Guessing 50 -60 beautiful bike next time I'm in austin I'm going to TJ to ditch in one. Any dealer do test rides? Will it do a hundred? Is 70 to 80 smooth. I always do the ton on CR486 before every ride on my street bikes and wide open on the XR which is about 90 laying on tank
Those are crazy retro cool looking aren't they.

Nice cool morning for a ride. My buddy suggested west. We headed towards the Pecos River bridge.

Then decided to keep going to Ft. Davis and stay the night. Weathers perfect but the smoke haze is thick. Wouldn’t recommend it for folks with bad lungs.

View from our room looked a bit better.

Ran across a candidates sign for sheriff, I don’t know the guy but his name sounds pretty no nonsense.
Man, yall are looking good out there! Did you go down to the boat launch under the pecos crossing bridge?

That's me at the 27sec mark riding headlong into this mess. I could see 2 units but it wasn't until the last second the rider pulled out from between them for the pass. The road was nicely wet and we haven't had a hard rain for quite a while so perfect conditions for a crash. I u-turned and rode for @6 miles looking for the scene, didn't expect a street biker to hit the dirt roads but as you can he's mether so . . . :suicide:

You’re right on - between 55 and 60 mpg. I ride pretty easy but it will do the ton if you give it enough time. Smooth though - hardly any vibration. 70 is nice but the wind definitely is noticeable. But I am really happy with it - a lot of bike for the price.

TJ’s here in Austin is a great dealer. Pretty sure they’re it for the area. They do test rides. Tom is great to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are crazy retro cool looking aren't they.

Thanks. Retro but with ABS and fuel injection. Much simpler than Triumphs; make of that what you want. Air/oil cool and 270 degree crank makes for a simple and sweet sounding engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. All are around that area.
I fished there with a buddy that lives nearby a few years ago, 1st time I'd ever seen a boat based fishin tourney start a night. It was kinda cool.

Edit: my memory is fading. Tourney started in the afternoon but ended at night. Boats with 1, 2, even 3' of LED strip nav lights pulled up for the weigh in.

Last edited:
Back